PDA

View Full Version : Calipers

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
03-08-2004, 08:58 PM
hey guys i have talked about this once before but my plans flopped at where i was supposed to get them painted
i need a great body shop who will paint me calipers or even power coat them (which was is better) red because i am very paronoid about scratches or them fuking up and i want a proffessional job

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
03-08-2004, 08:59 PM
or even i would love to put the brembo calipers on
does anyone know how much this would be or can anyone get deals on them

03 Dinan 3
03-08-2004, 10:41 PM
Hey,
Cross Avenue Auto in Oakville painted my brake calipers red.
It costs about $400.
They did a great job and they look amazing.:cool:

pip328
03-10-2004, 03:22 PM
Mantis Racing.. i think they charged me 400 and I love em.

Mystikal
03-10-2004, 04:08 PM
I spent $50 on FoliaTec caliper paint and a Sunday outside. It's been 2 years and they still look perfect on my parent's E46.

Hell, for $400 I'll do it for you. Those shops are making a fortune for so little work.

koncise
03-10-2004, 06:14 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal
I spent $50 on FoliaTec caliper paint and a Sunday outside. It's been 2 years and they still look perfect on my parent's E46.

Hell, for $400 I'll do it for you. Those shops are making a fortune for so little work.

I wanna do mine this spring when I change rims....

up for another fun sunday? :D *th-up*

T.Dot_E30
03-10-2004, 06:22 PM
maybe we can make a mini meet out of it.

A BBQ while we are at it. lol jk

koncise
03-10-2004, 06:41 PM
w00t! 6th gear! I didnt even notice.. hahah

Mystikal
03-10-2004, 07:27 PM
Originally posted by koncise
I wanna do mine this spring when I change rims....

up for another fun sunday? :D *th-up*

For $400 I'll make you breakfast Monday morning too. Yeah, that was gay. :eek:

Trevor, you literally live like 3 mins away from koncise and I, we seriously gotta meet up this summer.

koncise
03-10-2004, 08:01 PM
For $400 I'll make you breakfast Monday morning too. Yeah, that was gay. :eek:

Trevor, you literally live like 3 mins away from koncise and I, we seriously gotta meet up this summer.

C'mooonnnn.... you gotta at least help, even if just by telling me how you did yours.

Mystikal
03-11-2004, 12:25 AM
Originally posted by koncise
C'mooonnnn.... you gotta at least help, even if just by telling me how you did yours.

Of course man, call me up when you're gonna do it and I'll stop by. Maybe the same day I'll do the black light too.

T.Dot_E30
03-11-2004, 01:40 AM
I guess someone would pay $400 bcus they are afraid if they did it their self, their brakes might fail while driving and kill themself.

Brakes are simple, almost impossible to put them back on wrong, unless you forget to put the caliper back altogether. Some ppl even paint them while they are still mounted. There are not 100% visible so its hard to even notice how good the paint job is.......plus they will have alot of brake dust on em in no time.

for $400 i would expect them to rebuild the caliper and while its apart paint it really nice....but even that is too much

Really?:confused: ....i've never seen you or him ever on the road. I guess his car is in storage. This summer for sure.

Mystikal
03-11-2004, 02:38 AM
Originally posted by TrEvOrLiCioS
I guess someone would pay $400 bcus they are afraid if they did it their self, their brakes might fail while driving and kill themself.

Brakes are simple, almost impossible to put them back on wrong, unless you forget to put the caliper back altogether. Some ppl even paint them while they are still mounted. There are not 100% visible so its hard to even notice how good the paint job is.......plus they will have alot of brake dust on em in no time.

for $400 i would expect them to rebuild the caliper and while its apart paint it really nice....but even that is too much

I guess, but like you said, it's really hard to mess anything up. I actually did them without removing anything from the car, just careful masking and painting with a brush. The prep work was most of the effort, cleaning off the grime. After that I was laughing.

Originally posted by TrEvOrLiCioS
Really?:confused: ....i've never seen you or him ever on the road. I guess his car is in storage. This summer for sure.

Strange. His car is out on the road too.

Here's a pic of my parent's E46: