PDA

View Full Version : Vertical lift or gullwing doors on a 2dr e36.....?

Russian325is
03-08-2004, 10:51 AM
Has anyone installed vertical lift doors or gullwing doors to the 2dr e36???

Just wanted to know where to buy the kit or what would it look like....

tnx...

*th-up*

gotkabab
03-09-2004, 01:51 AM
OHHH MAN! THAT WOULD BE SOOO TIGHT! I'm going to search for ya, because now i'm interested too. I'll keep you posted.

- Amir

1Low325IS
03-09-2004, 02:22 AM
www.lambodoors.com

im lookin for a pair

Mystikal
03-09-2004, 02:30 AM
It's been done quite a few times. First guy I saw has an E36 325ic, black on black. He runs around my area. They look amazing, not very practical though.

suicide
03-09-2004, 02:38 PM
are u show or go.. or everyday driver...???

Lambo is better for parking.. Gull Wing -> like the back to the future dilorian is better for looks.. not got for parking though..

if u go with either you will damage your body.. no matter which way you install it or which hinge.. the load of the door will eventually warp you frame.. i can fwd a whole post on this but i am lazy.. If ur going show and ur car is a trailer queen then please do it .. if u driving this thing around don't do it.. You will hurt ur BMW..

- suicide

Russian325is
03-12-2004, 07:27 AM
well..actually i would prefer the lambo doors instead of the gullwing....mainly because of the load the door will give to the chassis...but if there's no lambo...then i guess i'll go with the gullwings'...and stiff out the chassis a bit...

the only webpage i've found is www.supie.com
http://www.supie.com/pg.html a couple of featured pic's.. (including the e36 conv.)

The only problem is that they sell you the instructions of how to do it... :( and not the kit...

by the way...suicide...nice job with your car... *th-up*

suicide
03-12-2004, 11:01 PM
its not possible to make your doors GULL WING>.. the roof will cave in... lambos will cuase over all damage on the frame over time... and well ..... and what u are asking for is not GULL WING it is modified lambo's instead of going straight up they go stright up on an angle... like mentioned above.. if ur a daily driver this is definitly a NO NO.. but cheers if u go through with it..

- suicide

Russian325is
03-14-2004, 09:27 AM
i know they are pretty heavy doors....
but actually if i do change em later on...i would buy the "mashaw" doors...about 7lbs...don't remember hoy much they weight right now...www.mahsaw.com (http://www.mashaw.com)

btw...it's not a daily driver...just use it on sundays...

Russian325is
03-14-2004, 09:43 AM
oooh...suicide....the doors that i'm talking about are not like the delorian....they're not attached to the roof...

Hamann Las Vegas M3 (http://www.hamann-motorsport.de/homee.htm) then click on "special cars" to the right....

those are the doors i'm talking about...
(of course, with the lightweight doors...)

suicide
03-14-2004, 09:06 PM
i know .. what ur looking for... i didn't know they made 7 pound doors.. GL and do it!!!... that would be sick..

BTW ur car will fly if u get those doors ur dropping like 50-60 pounds if not more..

- suicide