View Full Version : Resoring Lost power
03-08-2004, 12:09 AM
I got about 150 k on my car and i wanna restore some loss power in my car, what's the best way to go about it?
do those engine oils you get from canadian tire liek zmax ( i think that's what it's called) duralube actually work?
03-08-2004, 01:59 AM
I really don't know if those additives work or not but I never believed in them. At 150km a 328 should still feel young and healthy. What you should do is get on the highway every once in a while and give the car a good run (above 140 without getting booked) to get some of the carbon build up out of the engine.
Lets see some pics of your ride.
03-08-2004, 02:21 AM
i do that every day lol. I'm gonan have pics up this week hopefully. I gotat get it washed.. just waiting for the rods and weather to clear up
03-08-2004, 02:22 AM
you cant really gain anything then..and plus, what would you gain? its so new...5hp? lol not even
03-08-2004, 02:24 AM
5hp.. damn that would be alot .. i wa sjust thinkiong of adding those additives in that's all.. anybody here have expericne with them?
03-08-2004, 02:37 AM
As long as you've maintained it well you shouldn't really have any loss in power.
minor stuff like air filter, fuel filter, plugs, wires should all be in tip top shape, as long as they are you can't really restore anything.
03-08-2004, 02:38 AM
03-08-2004, 02:52 AM
dont bother with the additives. Tervor is right, change a few wear-and-tear parts like:
1. air filter (or clean your k&n type one)
2. change spark plugs
3. flush coolant
4. if thermostat is bad, change it
6. change any bad ijnectors (they're not as expensive as you'd think and are EASY to install)
7. change oil, and filter
8. consider changing valve cover gasket
9. clean your throttle body, and idle control valve with ''intake-medic'' spray
10. check for vaccum leaks, and tears in your intake boot
11. replace your o2 sensor (if it's been a while)
12. replace your pcv valve (cheap part)
13. test and replace faulty ignition coils
14. change your fuel filter
vBulletin® v3.8.1, Copyright ©2000-2017, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.