PDA

View Full Version : oil pressure switch, turbo oil line

objec
03-05-2004, 03:52 PM
anyone have a pic of their oil pressure switch with oil feed line for a turbo, i need to know where to get oil for a turbo, will i have to drill buy the oil pressure switch, how do i attach the line?

NickP
03-05-2004, 06:01 PM
You can buy a "Tee" - no drilling required... you'll just have to figure out the thread size / pitch of the oil pressure sensor.

This is what I'm doing turbocharging my winter beater

nzer
03-05-2004, 10:35 PM
I think your getting mixed up - your going to have to tap the pan for the oil return from the turbo.

You can use a T connector off the oil pressure switch mount - one for the oil pressure switch and one for the turbo - don't forget to restrict the oil pressure to the turbo - 25ish psi will be good and just bathe the turbo in oil - not spray it on.

objec
03-06-2004, 02:39 AM
where is the oil pressure switch located on and 97 325e

nzer
03-06-2004, 07:59 PM
I asume you mean an 87 eta -

I have an m20b20 and its located on the bottom of the block - can't really miss it.

NickP
03-06-2004, 08:41 PM
Originally posted by nzer
I think your getting mixed up - your going to have to tap the pan for the oil return from the turbo.

You can use a T connector off the oil pressure switch mount - one for the oil pressure switch and one for the turbo - don't forget to restrict the oil pressure to the turbo - 25ish psi will be good and just bathe the turbo in oil - not spray it on.

I haven't heard of anyone restricting pressure in the oil feed line... got more info on that one?

For the return line you can go with drilling the oil pan or if you have an i motor you can take advantage of the oil return line from the oil cooler.

nzer
03-09-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by NickP
I haven't heard of anyone restricting pressure in the oil feed line... got more info on that one?

For the return line you can go with drilling the oil pan or if you have an i motor you can take advantage of the oil return line from the oil cooler.

The oil pressure is reasonably high in the car - if you spray oil onto the turbo - its not going to be happy. It wants to be bathed in it. I can try find some articles for you.

objec
03-11-2004, 01:23 AM
still cant find it

nzer
03-12-2004, 01:28 AM
Originally posted by objec
still cant find it

you have to be joking..