PDA

View Full Version : Exhaust help

chitown
03-05-2004, 02:34 AM
Ok, I'm pretty annoying with my "what should i get posts" but I don't want to spend a grand and not be happy with what I get...so, I kind of need opinions on catback systems.

I've been considering Brullen since it's local (never heard the exhaust though), UUC, and AA I guess.

Thing is I've read the AA sounds amazing but you can't hear it while you're driving. To me that seems like taking the fun out of getting an exhaust system. Can anyone help me choose one that's fun to drive with and makes the car sound mean? :)

crazyvadim
03-05-2004, 05:12 AM
I personally had BB Tri-Flo when i had my E36,sounded really good but kinda to loud.

to help you out check this site out........ http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0301ec_techbmw/

chitown
03-05-2004, 10:26 AM
Did you ever get sick of the loudness? I guess this is one of the factors im looking at. I wouldn't think I'd mind it at all but I've never had an exhaust before that made noise.

R_JAY
03-05-2004, 05:00 PM
If you wanna hear a small sample of the AA then watch the Bimmercruize video where at the end you'll see SickFinga's silver M3/4 do a run by the camera. Wasabi has the tri-flo and it sounds really good too. It's alot louder than the AA but he says it's not annoying.

WASABI
03-05-2004, 05:21 PM
I like my B&B Tri-Flo, it has a distinct sound. I don't think it's overly loud. Brullen is louder. AA and SuperSprint sounds the same to me. Tri-flo has a more bassy sound than AA and SS. I've been in a car with Brullen, he's actually from Waterloo with a '97 328iS, it sounds good, he didn't like at first, but he said he got used to it. You can always add resonators if you want to quiet it down a bit.

chitown
03-05-2004, 11:14 PM
Oh yeah, forgot about resonators. Cool, thanks for the input guys :)