PDA

View Full Version : Need Info On: "Yellow Headlights"

whizzer95
03-03-2004, 11:26 PM
Hey, boys!

Anyone know or is familiar with, where to get yellow headlights? Specially the "Sealed Low Beams".
You know... like the ones in Europe.
Are they available here in North America?... Are they legal here?
Any info would be appreciated!

aaron_silva
03-04-2004, 02:44 AM
You really have no idea what you are talking about. First of all, sealed beam headlights are a North American think ONLY. The european models recieved elipsoid headlights.

Next...the "yellow" headlights you are reffering to are "French" headlights. These are very rare and expensive. I dont think you will be able to find them new, and good luck finding a used set. I saw a used set sell a while ago for a few hundred dollars.

Here is a pic of them...if you didnt already now what the real French headlights look like.

EDIT: They sold for $340 USD plus $50 shipping to the USA.

Aaron

Boris The Blade
03-04-2004, 03:43 AM
i guess that was the end of that conversation...lol :D

AndreNY
03-04-2004, 03:34 PM
i have to wet my pants every time i see that car *love*

Eurostyle
03-04-2004, 04:20 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by aaron_silva
[B]You really have no idea what you are talking about. First of all, sealed beam headlights are a North American think ONLY. The european models recieved elipsoid headlights.

No sealed beams in europe!? I guess those were "fake" on my German eurospec 524...

Eurostyle
03-04-2004, 04:22 PM
Oh, just in case you are talking about E30 only....:huh?:

Skunk#1
03-04-2004, 05:12 PM
so we now know the price but were do you find them?

Jase
03-04-2004, 05:24 PM
guess that was not the end of the conversation..:D

gsbadbmr
03-04-2004, 05:36 PM
I used to have a transparent yellow spray paint that i used to use on my VW GTI headlights years ago........it looked good. You will however get stopped frequently by the P-O-L-I-C-E!!

-gsbadbmr

bmwm5lover
03-04-2004, 05:38 PM
you mean like this (white e30)

lvan
03-04-2004, 05:47 PM
I think he is talking about french lights... Btw those euro plates on that two door balck E30 ,those are not german plates......they look more of a Turkish or RO.??

Lennon
03-04-2004, 05:48 PM
Haha Aaron, you were sooooooooooooo owned.

aaron_silva
03-04-2004, 05:59 PM
Originally posted by Lennon
Haha Aaron, you were sooooooooooooo owned.

Owned by ****ing who????

I would believe that the sealed beams on Eurostyles euro car would be because all imports must be federalized, which means changed to (in the case of USA) DOT approved equipment. Do you notice side markers on the bumbers? Do the euro specs have side markers??? NO! Those were added when they were imported.

****ing fool.

Aaron

Skunk#1
03-04-2004, 05:59 PM
does the spray paint wear off? i wouldn't mind paying the $350+/- for the real deal lights. but the question is still there, where do i get them, here in texas i can run those lights with no problems. hell i can get away with straight pipes if i wanted. that is the only thing that is cool about rednecks, their trucks are loud and big, so my car can be loud and have yellow lights and my land cruiser can be louder than the beem and as big as i want. what kind of paint did you use, i will spray my lights then order some real ones later, if ya'll let me know where to get them.

Lennon
03-04-2004, 06:04 PM
Originally posted by aaron_silva
Owned by ****ing who????

I would believe that the sealed beams on Eurostyles euro car would be because all imports must be federalized, which means changed to (in the case of USA) DOT approved equipment. Do you notice side markers on the bumbers? Do the euro specs have side markers??? NO! Those were added when they were imported.

****ing fool.

Aaron

Wow, someones got quite the attitude problem don't they, hey, why don't you take a look at the E30 Fil posted........funny, I don't see any side markers there...............weird..... :rolleyes:

Skunk#1
03-04-2004, 06:10 PM
my us spec car never had them, does that mean its not us spec?

aaron_silva
03-04-2004, 07:56 PM
No it doesnt. It means that you have US Spec elipsoids. The difference between US and euro elips is 1) euros have a smiley 2) they have city lights. There MAY be more differences.

Aaron

Skunk#1
03-04-2004, 08:47 PM
my car is an 87, which means that it has sealed beams. i want to change out to elips and get them in yellow. so ya'll know the prices, where do i get them. my car never came with the reflector on the bumper, but the guy in the shop next to me has one on his 89.

whizzer95
03-05-2004, 05:35 AM
To: Mr. Aaron Silva, or should we say... Mr. Know It All.

Buddy, listen...

According to you, I may not know what I'm talking about... but at least I try to find out info on something I might not be too familiar with. Unlike you, I don't pretend to know stuff and then try to pass as an "expert" on whatever topic you choose.
Admit it, man!... You've been soooooooooo had on this !!!!!!!!

Eurostyle
03-05-2004, 08:15 AM
Originally posted by lvan
I think he is talking about french lights... Btw those euro plates on that two door balck E30 ,those are not german plates......they look more of a Turkish or RO.??

No...Bulgarian! *th-up*

Eurostyle
03-05-2004, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by aaron_silva
Owned by ****ing who????

****ing fool.

Aaron

If it was changed to DOT approved equipment HOW come it has the EURO bumpers!!!? Im case you havent noticed, in the US the E28 came with those big ugly bumpers...we call them diving boards! If i wasnt european and spent enaugh time there, i might believe in what you are saying...but since is was looking into buying used sealed beams IN europe just 6 months ago, i dont think i can take you seriously...

PS, i might be a ****ing fool, but at least i'm not ignorant and arrogant:moon:

Jase
03-05-2004, 08:31 AM
Originally posted by Eurostyle
, i dont think i can take you seriously...

PS, i might be a ****ing fool, but at least i'm not ignorant and arrogant:moon:

ouch..*shiner* *uzi*

now thats to the point

Eurostyle
03-05-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Jase
ouch..*shiner* *uzi*

now thats to the point

Yeah, thats the way i like to keep it! Afer all whizzer95 is one of my customeres and we were discussing the yellow lights issue and i told him that Max was a great place to get advice...and now people are being smart a$$ and i think it makes me and this site look bad!
:(

Jase
03-05-2004, 09:00 AM
Good call. latley I have seen some things get taken too far. I dont want to see this site turn into other we know not mentioning any names of coarse

Eurostyle
03-05-2004, 09:07 AM
Originally posted by Jase
Good call. latley I have seen some things get taken too far. I dont want to see this site turn into other we know not mentioning any names of coarse

Ha ha!!! Thats for sure! *th-up* *th-up*

SUPERCHARGED
03-05-2004, 09:38 AM
hhehe

whizzer95
03-06-2004, 04:44 AM
Hey, Filip!... Thanks for backing me up on this subject! Much appreciated.
By the way... the IS lip fits just fine. I'm getting it painted this weekend.