PDA

View Full Version : I'm having such a bad day with the bimmer!

djcontra
05-18-2002, 12:29 AM
First off, i figured i'll prep my car for the trip to wasaga tomorrow if we're all still going.
I decide to resetup my HID's, put in my intake, fix my loose spoiler, and have my girlfriend clean the interior a little.

Well first order of business to go wrong was when i left my hid ballasts lying around my engine bay, and accidentally closed my hood on them so my girlfriend could wipe the hood down. OUCH! They made nice dent marks in my hood pertruding upwards :(

Second order of business to go wrong, is being so angry at myself for causing dents in my hood, i couldn't manage to get my intake together as the rubber rings that clamp the parts together just wouldn't stretch onto the pipes, and i gave up and put my stock box back in.

Thirdly, my HID's were never adjusted at dusk as i was so fed up with everything, so now my lights are just scattered everywhere! I can't do anything at night as i dont have enough light to see what i'm doing :mad:

Fourthly, i couldn't happen to find my socket wrench i made that had a long enough bit to fit into the trunk to tighten my spoiler. So it's still wobbling all over the place.

Needless to say i'm very upset with my car at the moment. I'm going to try and not think about it on the cruise up there tomorrow, but the ever so fading brake pads that desperately need to be changed will remind me every stop of the way ;)

I just hope tomorrow turns out to be a much better day for me and my car than today was. I ended up now causing myself so much work to do now to tune everything up this weekend.

i'll probably be leaving wasaga before it gets dark so i dont have to blind people on the way home. I could switch to stock bulbs, but then i'd have to reallign my headlights, remove all these clamps holding my lights in place, and blah..just dont wanna =)

cya all tomorrow!

djcontra
05-18-2002, 12:44 AM
Naw it's not my car's fault, not am i not mechanically inclined. it's just today was a bad day for me in general, and when i start to get in a bad mood, i tend to get careless, and cause other faults.
I'm sure if i had a free day to do everything rather than my girlfriend pressuring me to get it all done within 30minutes it'd all be ok. I just dont like being rushed =/

i have sunday all to myself most of the day, so i'll have some time to get some of those things fixed. I dont feel like selling my car, and if i ever do, i'd want it to be in near perfect condition so i get most of what i invested in back. but i plan on keeping the car for at least one more year.

BMW BMXer
05-18-2002, 12:25 PM
Never try to fix things the day b4 a big event or something...
never seems to work right

Betray
05-19-2002, 12:14 PM
about the intake, if im thinking if what your talking about try heating up the rubber part with like a blow dryer and put it on.

'thats if thats what your talking about =(

sorry about lights and hood!

djcontra
05-19-2002, 12:17 PM
yeah that might help the next time i try
not to worry everything is cool now
just a bad day for me, everyone has em once in a while =)
everything is good now, especially after all the comments from girls at wasaga =) and there were NUFF of them!
i'm definatetly goin' back in the summer time