PDA

View Full Version : brake upgrades

Skunk#1
03-01-2004, 10:54 PM
where can i find porsche brake kits for the e30? i cant seem to find complete kits. also has anyone tried the kits from ireland engineering, they have massive front and rear brakes that dont seem to expensive. thanks for the help.

jeremy
03-01-2004, 11:23 PM
there is NO bolt on porsche kit....you can use porsche calipers...

ie kits are suppossed to be great..

you can also get big brake kits from

movit
rpiequiped
bmp

Mystikal
03-01-2004, 11:24 PM
The IE kits offer a lot of bang for the buck, if I were upgrading I would definitely take that route. For 330mm rotors with 2-piston calipers in the front and 310mm rotors in the rear, $2175 is an amazing price.

jeremy
03-02-2004, 02:44 AM
Originally posted by Mystikal
The IE kits offer a lot of bang for the buck, if I were upgrading I would definitely take that route. For 330mm rotors with 2-piston calipers in the front and 310mm rotors in the rear, $2175 is an amazing price.

the problem is the replacement costs of the rotors..... i wanted to just by the 13" rotors and aluminum hats from them, it was around 7-800 for 2 rotors and hats....

not really that bad, i guess...

Skunk#1
03-02-2004, 10:23 PM
they wont answer my emails, i was wondering if they are mustang rotors, because the pads are cobra pads. the calipers also could be mustang parts, but then it would need brackets. i really didnt want brackets and wanted something that bolted dirctly in place. anyway thanks guys, i guess when i buy my 3.0L stocker kit i'll get the ie brakes front/rear also. if they would tell me what components i could get them locally for almost nothing under the shop name, i rarely get parts unless they are though the shop discount, and ie wont give a break to shops. what porsche brakes fit the e30?