PDA

View Full Version : Ricer OWNS E46 M3

Magma
02-28-2004, 11:23 PM
This is a video all the UK ricer forums have been boasting about...the Saxo is a ricer car (a bit like the Civic) and its one of the most hated cars in the BMW community over here (a bit like the Civic :P ).

Anyway, when we Brits do something, we often do it as much as we can-that's why there's loads of OTT rice here but they DO make all sorts of mental mods to their engines.

A stock Saxo is FWD with bout 90bhp...this guy put a supercharger on it and races a M3...check it out...

http://dcoe.net/johnsaxo2.mpg

You have to admit....its kinda impressive...

///m powered
02-28-2004, 11:37 PM
he didnt win by that much.. but i gotta say nice kill....

although an m3 with an SC is a whole diff. story ;)

R_JAY
02-29-2004, 12:25 AM
I don't know if i'd call that owned. I need to see the rest of that vid cause even though it LOOKS like they're side by side I doubt he walked away plus that M3 is a vert which means more weight than a coupe.

tlaselva
02-29-2004, 12:46 AM
Who cares?
I don't. There are people with modified Civics and Corolla's to do sub 11 sec quarter miles. Iíve even seen a highly modified moped (Some of you may have seen the video) beating a modified V8 Trans-am.
Does this prove anything on the street or give any practical value? The only thing it does is give temporary enjoyment, some, which I would not want to be seen in racing. (No offence to anyone owning these cars....)
I would rather be screaming in an E46 M3 doing 13.5-quarter mile than go speeding in a Civic or Corolla doing a 10.5.
I would then pass them at 170 mph, in total comfort and stability, something that many of these cars couldnít achieve, without heavy modification.

All this seems to me is people attempting to rationalize their econo-boxes against a much revered, high-end sports car.

Rolled_Out
02-29-2004, 07:20 AM
Originally posted by tlaselva
Who cares?
I don't. There are people with modified Civics and Corolla's to do sub 11 sec quarter miles. Iíve even seen a highly modified moped (Some of you may have seen the video) beating a modified V8 Trans-am.
Does this prove anything on the street or give any practical value? The only thing it does is give temporary enjoyment, some, which I would not want to be seen in racing. (No offence to anyone owning these cars....)
I would rather be screaming in an E46 M3 doing 13.5-quarter mile than go speeding in a Civic or Corolla doing a 10.5.
I would then pass them at 170 mph, in total comfort and stability, something that many of these cars couldnít achieve, without heavy modification.

All this seems to me is people attempting to rationalize their econo-boxes against a much revered, high-end sports car.
*th-up*

HIM
03-01-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by tlaselva
Who cares?

Well said!

colemanerik
03-01-2004, 07:26 PM
it wasnt a moped, it was a motorized scooter. Civics beat BMWs here alot, thats only because they put alot of money into their civic to do so.

greekthang
03-02-2004, 07:02 PM
Yeah you can make a civic beat a viper even a lambo but put the 2 side by side and see which you would choose. Bottom line its still a civic !!!!!!!!