PDA

View Full Version : Spring Installation

Furious
05-16-2002, 08:42 AM
hey guys were is a good place to get my springs installed and get my car aligned?? i want to do this beginning of next month,, just looking for a good price and decent intallation,, (how hard would it be to "F" up spring installation)....thanks

djcontra
05-16-2002, 09:55 AM
any suspension shop can do it
installing them isn't any different than installing stock springs. They still need to use a spring compressor and so on.

My mechanic would charge probably 1 hour labour, and allignment. So i think it comes out to $40+$70 so maybe $110? he might be nice and do it for $100

Furious
05-16-2002, 03:14 PM
hey adam thats cheap,, can you look into that for me,, $110 is a great price,, if you find out id greatly appreciate it,,
thanks mark

Harry
05-16-2002, 03:49 PM
You could try to do it yourself, it is very simple to do.

Furious
05-16-2002, 04:00 PM
hey harry long time no hear,,anyways how is it easy?? dont you need a spring compressor, or do you use the weight of the car to conpress the springs?? im not to sure myself,, anyways, if you elaborate i may take this option into consideration,,, BTW- did you get another washer and bolt for you shock tower???
mark

KIRASIR
05-16-2002, 04:16 PM
Springs compressor is free from Canadian Tire, you MUST have it for this job. You don't have to use air tools but they make it much much faster. If you can find someone to change them for 100 bucks then I recommend that you just pay the money and do it. If you want a little challenge then just change them yourself.

SL

Originally posted by Furious325is
hey harry long time no hear,,anyways how is it easy?? dont you need a spring compressor, or do you use the weight of the car to conpress the springs?? im not to sure myself,, anyways, if you elaborate i may take this option into consideration,,, BTW- did you get another washer and bolt for you shock tower???
mark

Harry
05-16-2002, 04:53 PM
Tech Write-up (http://home.earthlink.net/~r_tech/cars/suspension_upgrade_p2.html)

havent gotten that nut yet, pretty sure im gonna die. Im heading to waterloo today to do some things and will head to the dealer.

It is really easy to do the swap. Some of the bolts are a bitch to get off since they've got red loctite on them and and rusted, but its easy enough to do. The only problem i ran into was trying to get the hat back on the front struts, but I improvised with the help of a set of vise grips. BTW, I accomplished the task with no assistance and no experience.

Furious
05-17-2002, 09:46 AM
well it sounds like a job to consider,, but i still might need an alighment,, my steering wheel pulls at high speeds,, so that will definately have to be done,,thanks all have a great long weekend........
....mark