PDA

View Full Version : fixed up some anoyances

chromius
02-27-2004, 02:49 PM
Hey guys, just thought I would share, I decided to take some down time since its winter, and fix up some of the anoyances that I have been having, and some maintenance items that I have been meaning to do, here's what I did.
- Right Rear wheel bearing
-Spark plug wires
-Distributer cap/rotor
-spark plugs
-Drive shaft flex disc
-Rear shock mounts (dosn't sound like the car will rattle apart anymore)
-Radiator (had a small leak)
-Thermostat (car wouldn't warm up, but does now heheh)
-Adjusted the valves
-Painted the valve cover (while I had it off)
-Fuel filter
-Fuel pressure regulator

And the last thing I want to do is to replace the door seals, cuz the wind noise is really getting to me.

So after doing all that, my car feels brand new, it dosn't rattle over bumps anymore, its more responsive, idles smoothly etc.
the most expensive part on the list was the Rad, to do everything else wasn't that expensive, and it made all the difference in the world! so if you feel like taking a couple of days to do some work on the car, I would definitly suggest the stuff I mentioned...its worth it*th-up*

Bob Loblaw
02-27-2004, 02:51 PM
Cool stuff. You'll be ready for summer cruises and meets.

chromius
02-27-2004, 02:57 PM
you got that right! I'm dying for summer, thats partially why I did all this stuff, I'm itching to get out and do some driving on a nice spring/summer day!:)
we will have to hook up for a spring meet.

Bob Loblaw
02-27-2004, 03:11 PM
Originally posted by chromius_e30

we will have to hook up for a spring meet.

You bet. By the way, have you heard from Tony (Nascar318is guy)? I haven't seen him around here in a while. He's too busy pimpin' the Tercel, I guess. :P

Mystikal
02-27-2004, 03:13 PM
Yeah, you Ottawa/Quebec guys need to organize a solid meet, I'd come join! Would be nice to meet all of you.

chromius
02-27-2004, 03:23 PM
Originally posted by Bob Loblaw
You bet. By the way, have you heard from Tony (Nascar318is guy)? I haven't seen him around here in a while. He's too busy pimpin' the Tercel, I guess. :P

actually I think he went down to the daytona 500 or something like that, he's been gone a while, but he is still around.

yeah Mystikal, for sure...the prob is that there arn't too many of us around, there are quite a few nice bimmers in Ottawa but not many that are on max, we should set up a meet halfway between Ottawa and T.O and get everyone together, that way we would probably have a bigger turnout. *th-up*

Bob Loblaw
02-27-2004, 03:27 PM
You're on, Jay. I'll let you know when and where it'll take place.

beammer12000
02-27-2004, 07:29 PM
good for you this is the best time to do thing like that i'am doing to.