PDA

View Full Version : 800hp Supra vs DADO (458 bwhp) BMW M3 turbo

trev0006
02-27-2004, 02:09 AM
The supra suposedly has 800hp but the M3 is 458whp so like 550 to 650hp.
the M3 is a damn fast car.

34.9 MB
http://www.germantechnik.com/stuff/mycar.mpeg

V-Thang
02-27-2004, 04:48 AM
took forever to download!

but nice video tho!!! was that really a 800hp supra???? anyhow, that m3 fkin ownz!!! mmmm i loved when the flame ripped from the exhaust near the beginning! amazing! :O

EMPOWERD
02-27-2004, 05:04 AM
R E P O S T !

800HP??? who gets these stupid numbers???

not true... Dado (owner of M3), care to share some info on this topic?

crazyvadim
02-27-2004, 08:28 AM
Ive been wanting to see that video...
serious ownage! is that a BPU supra??
lets get some info...

tlaselva
02-27-2004, 01:50 PM
Ownage?

Maybe the Supra car was just a camera car, and wasn't racing him?
And why do people assume that every Supra's 800 HP?

SickFinga
02-27-2004, 02:26 PM
Tony, open your eyes. Cant you see the Supra guy countdown??

Anyway, i highly doubt it was 800hp supra, but here what Dado said.

During the day runs against the supra I was running 10psi and the supra was running 15psi. The night runs I was running 14.5 psi and the supra was running 22psi.

Thor
02-27-2004, 04:34 PM
I did a search at dtmpower and found this:

http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showthread.php?threadid=115701&perpage=15&highlight=supra&pagenumber=5

It looks like they are talking about a 800 hp car....

Dado
02-28-2004, 06:24 AM
Originally posted by EMPOWERD
R E P O S T !

800HP??? who gets these stupid numbers???

not true... Dado (owner of M3), care to share some info on this topic?

the owner of the supra is kenny and a really good friend of mine. You can actually see his car taking off in Mischief 3000 with me in the passenger seat. He runs a T51R turbo. Here is another supra with pretty much the same mods

This one is pushing 713 rear wheel hp
http://www.t04r.com/members/philpanas.html

Here is another one with over 1,000 horsepower to the motor with the same turbo but has nitrous.
http://www.t04r.com/members/brycedanna.html

it's your choice to believe it or not :) but those are some examples just to give an idea ;)

EMPOWERD
02-28-2004, 06:27 AM
just because someone has the same mods, doesn't mean they're running ANYWHERE close to the same HP figures because tuning is a very important part of it. There is NO way you can take off on a 700+hp Supra with your 500hp M3 (regardless of weight). Until he dynos his car, I call BS on those figures.

I go on Supra sites all the time and know the figures... it all involves tuning. Here's a great site for comparisons...

http://www.to4r.com/toptenhp.html

tlaselva
02-28-2004, 06:36 AM
just because someone has the same mods, doesn't mean they're running ANYWHERE close to the same HP figures because tuning is a very important part of it. There is NO way you can take off on a 700+hp Supra with your 500hp M3 (regardless of weight). Until he dynos his car, I call BS on those figures.

I go on Supra sites all the time and know the figures... it all involves tuning. Here's a great site for comparisons...

AMEN.

Finally a voice of reason.........:rolleyes:

Dado
02-28-2004, 06:39 AM
hmm tuning. Kenny tunes most of the supras in this area. In some shots you can even notice the efi systems display on top of the dash. Poor tuning? I don't think so. Not with this guy.

EMPOWERD
02-28-2004, 06:41 AM
okay, so how do you explain you taking off on a "800HP" Supra with your (dyno proven) 485wHP M3?

Dado
02-28-2004, 06:41 AM
now if you guys paid a little more attention you would notice he is not putting the power to the ground. He is spinning. So tuning is out of the question, this guy is one of the best in the area. Traction and gearing is what you guys should be talking about ;)

tlaselva
02-28-2004, 06:48 AM
Originally posted by Dado
now if you guys paid a little more attention you would notice he is not putting the power to the ground. He is spinning. So tuning is out of the question, this guy is one of the best in the area. Traction and gearing is what you guys should be talking about ;)

Wow.
Guess you don't know when to quit do you? :rolleyes:

EMPOWERD
02-28-2004, 06:49 AM
dude, i watched the video 'nuff times and the only time he spins is 2nd gear at night. That still doesn't explain you walking away in 3rd and 4th gears. Something's fishy and i'm gonna come down this summer and straighten out those HP claims myself!!:D

Dado
02-28-2004, 06:52 AM
he spins all through second and third. The car was all over the place. So would his car really beat me? yes with a proper set of tires.

That would be interesting Randy, I had some fun this weekend at VIR with some ACR Vipers and 993 gt2's. You can check the video here.
http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=125174

tla, don't stress it.

tlaselva
02-28-2004, 06:58 AM
Good to see your not afraid to run your car. *th-up*

Too many cars like yours become show car and dyno queens.....:(

Dado
02-28-2004, 07:18 AM
Originally posted by tlaselva
Good to see your not afraid to run your car. *th-up*

Too many cars like yours become show car and dyno queens.....:(

it was built to participate in BMW Club Racing this season. It's going through tests right now and very soon I will be taking it off the streets and making it strictly a track car. Here is some info on the car if you want to know what is done to it.

http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110353

crazyvadim
02-28-2004, 07:46 AM
Dados car screams Attention Whore everytime i see it.

R_JAY
02-28-2004, 09:34 AM
Originally posted by Dado
it was built to participate in BMW Club Racing this season. It's going through tests right now and very soon I will be taking it off the streets and making it strictly a track car. Here is some info on the car if you want to know what is done to it.

http://www.dtmpower.net/forum/showthread.php?s=&threadid=110353 That's too bad cause it should be on the streets beating the hell out of all the haters.

tlaselva
02-28-2004, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by R_JAY
That's too bad cause it should be on the streets beating the hell out of all the haters.

Is there such a thing as a BMW haters?

V-Thang
02-28-2004, 03:58 PM

Honda drivers:rolleyes:

Lennon
02-28-2004, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by V-Thang
Honda drivers:rolleyes:

.......only cause they're jealous. And don't try to tell me otherwise. I think a lot of Honda guys hate the bimmers cause they will meet like the one stuck up "I have a bimmer and own the road" asshole. And gives all the poor bimmer guys a bad rep, like the ricers giving Honda a bad rep. Ah well.

tlaselva
02-28-2004, 05:23 PM
Originally posted by Lennon
.......only cause they're jealous.

I think you got it there.

I know lots of people who can afford BMW's but drive Honda's......ya, ok.
(No insult intended to anyone who fits this criteria....:) ), but then there not the jealous ones.

Jon@Bimmersport
02-28-2004, 08:50 PM

just about every AMG owner. *th-up*

Randy, ill come with u to help prove it with a video camera! :idea:

The GTA civic guys hate most BMW owners because of TERRY who goes on their forums to say how much bmw is better than honda, therefore ppl think every bmw owner is a jackass (like how terry was), because of some civic owners, ppl think every honda tuner is a "ricer"

thats all there is to say about that,....now that thats out of the way...

tony..trust me, the TCC guys arent jealous of us in fact some of them are even on here and think its a way better community than theres..just because on TCC theres all know it alls and rich kids who pay shops to do everything, and know NOTHING about what they're doing (there are some here too..like everywhere)...they are jus fed up with ppl like terry bashing hondas for no reason..

I can also see what dado is saying with the traction and gearing, since he has slicks and the close geared 6spd with a nice 2.93LSD or somethin like that...and the supra has shit tires and spin....also if u look at the backround of where they are..all the trees have no leafs, which means it coulda been like oct or nov when its cold, and colder means less traction, but then again...randy does have a point...it cant be always spinning and once u both go into higher gears it should pull..but then again, i dont know...and ill have to wait to see if i can come with randy! :D

SickFinga
02-29-2004, 12:22 AM
dude, i watched the video 'nuff times and the only time he spins is 2nd gear at night. That still doesn't explain you walking away in 3rd and 4th gears. Something's fishy and i'm gonna come down this summer and straighten out those HP claims myself!!:D

wow, i wanna see that. can i come?

SickFinga
02-29-2004, 12:24 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
, because of some civic owners, ppl think every honda tuner is a "ricer"

They aren't??? :D :D

crazyvadim
02-29-2004, 09:15 AM
If it was a 800hp supra and he couldnt catch traction of the line then he should of took Dado on the highway unless the supra driver cant drive for shit.

TiemenT
02-29-2004, 06:44 PM
nice vid !

Thor
02-29-2004, 07:59 PM

http://www.to4r.com/toptenhp.html

Isnt Dados M3 close to 600 hp motor output? And why is it so hard to belive that the Supra is a 800 hp car!?!

There is a video of a swedish E30 M3 turbo (9,91sec@1/4mile) with 745 hp that weights 40 kg MORE than a standard M3 that race a Supra with somewhere around 900 hp. Well the Supra gets smoked bigtime.

Lil'Smoothie
02-29-2004, 08:21 PM
If it was a 800hp supra and he couldnt catch traction of the line then he should of took Dado on the highway unless the supra driver cant drive for shit.

what skill is involved with racing on the highway?

crazyvadim
02-29-2004, 10:09 PM
Originally posted by Lil'Smoothie
what skill is involved with racing on the highway?

Your shifting,some people cant even handle their car on the highway.