02-27-2004, 12:33 AM
Viper driver cant Drv. for shit.

crusher
02-27-2004, 01:37 AM
that is just wrong lol

WhadUpp
02-27-2004, 01:58 AM
Those aren't just any GN's, they're GNX's which are very very quick:eek:

GNX's were a limited number of special Grand Nationals.

tlaselva
02-27-2004, 02:08 AM
Originally posted by WhadUpp
Those aren't just any GN's, they're GNX's which are very very quick:eek:

GNX's were a limited number of special Grand Nationals.

Even though they're GNx's, they were at best a mid 13 sec car.

Viper, even one of the early ones should've smoked them both, stock vs. stock.
He likely missed a shift, or maybe two. Definitely did seem to when he get's pulled badly near the end.......*shiner*

They didn't seem to be going very fast though.......:confused:

crazyvadim
02-27-2004, 06:55 AM
Originally posted by tlaselva
Even though they're GNx's, they were at best a mid 13 sec car.

Viper, even one of the early ones should've smoked them both, stock vs. stock.
He likely missed a shift, or maybe two. Definitely did seem to when he get's pulled badly near the end.......*shiner*

They didn't seem to be going very fast though.......:confused:

Drop a grand or 2 into the GNX and your beating a z06.

greekthang
02-27-2004, 02:44 PM
I don't even think the viper was racing. Even time he shifted it looks like he was applying the brakes. A some parts of the video you see the car leap forward. Either buddy in the Viper was holding back or the car was shifting from 1st to reverse

Manimillion
02-27-2004, 03:26 PM
My friends got a GN T-Type and I gotta say I'm sure it can pick on Vipers easly... When you spend just a little money in them, they are god damn fast!

tuNED318
02-27-2004, 03:28 PM
haha nice. I like the last frame when you see the GN and the Viper is waaaayyyy back. :D OWNED

Xray
02-28-2004, 02:40 AM
Uh oh.......*uzi*

tlaselva
02-28-2004, 04:48 AM
Originally posted by crazyvadim

You can make any car faster than a Z06, by sinking enough money into it, some more than others, which makes your point inane.

crazyvadim
02-28-2004, 06:49 AM
You can make any car faster than a Z06, by sinking enough money into it, some more than others, which makes your point inane.

If i dropped 2 grand into my car i still wouldnt touch a Z06,GNX is easy and cheap to tune which makes my point valid that GNX is 1 hell of a car.

tlaselva
02-28-2004, 03:15 PM
If i dropped 2 grand into my car i still wouldnt touch a Z06,GNX is easy and cheap to tune which makes my point valid that GNX is 1 hell of a car.

Don't share your opinion on that car.
All it can do is accelerate.
Is that the only performance criteria you look at?
If so, then why are you driving an M5?

How does the GN handle? Brake? G's?
Careful now, b/c I've been in these cars, back in the day, and raced them for years with my '87 5.0L Mustang.
You've ever been in one over 100mph?
A Mustang feels like an Enzo compared to that thing.

You can sink the same money into a SVT, and smoke me, and at least it can corner and brake to some acceptable level.

BladeRunner
02-29-2004, 03:41 AM
HEMIIIIIIIIIII, can we say Hemi power. from what I read a few months back Hemis can be mad FAST for cheap. I question the Viper too.

There are pleanty of the Buicks, Oldmobiles and Chevys in my area and might I say they are damn fast. I remimber a few months back an SS (boy i love that car about as much as I love the real Mustang & Comaros) was forcing his way into traffic. He came turned right onto the street and floored it--smocked that damn tire to hell and back. That was some damn fast accerlation.

Back to the HEMI there are plenty of these Hemi powered trucks in my area to and they're damn fast, even for a truck. Anyone ever battled one of these Hemi powered trucks and survived to tell about it?

crazyvadim
02-29-2004, 08:12 AM
Don't share your opinion on that car.
All it can do is accelerate.
Is that the only performance criteria you look at?
If so, then why are you driving an M5?

How does the GN handle? Brake? G's?
Careful now, b/c I've been in these cars, back in the day, and raced them for years with my '87 5.0L Mustang.
You've ever been in one over 100mph?
A Mustang feels like an Enzo compared to that thing.

You can sink the same money into a SVT, and smoke me, and at least it can corner and brake to some acceptable level.

Your chaning the subject,i know theres more to a car then straight line acceleration but you said "Even though they're GNx's, they were at best a mid 13 sec car." so i figured your talking about straight line.Comon bro,its a mid 80's muscle car....you expect it to brake and corner like an M3?? How big of a difference can a 87 GNX and 89 5.0 Mustang have besides the GNX being faster in a straight line because i owned a 89 GT a while ago and the ride was terrible.

tlaselva
03-01-2004, 12:25 AM
How big of a difference can a 87 GNX and 89 5.0 Mustang have besides the GNX being faster in a straight line because i owned a 89 GT a while ago and the ride was terrible.

As bad as the stock F-Bodied Mustangs were, the GN's were much worse. The extra 600+ lbs these cars were, and bad aerodynamics really manifested itself at high speed.

Don't get me wrong; I still have a soft spot for these cars. I was actually considering picking up a GN or Monte Carlo SS, and fixing it up with a nice V8. (My Dad still ownes a '84 Buick Regal w/ 50000 origional Kms!) But these cars are very one dimensional. I tend to reserve the label for a 'Great Car' to ones that tend to do many things well, like an Porsche, M3 or Z06......:)

BladeRunner
03-01-2004, 03:25 AM
your talking my kind of stuff corvette man, Monte, SS, GN, Regal only things missin are the Cutlass, Caprice and that other one...