PDA

View Full Version : My $tealer nightmare so far, read please!

BMW_M52_M20
05-15-2002, 07:41 PM
Oh, don't get me started. Brought it in 2 days ago (3rd day today), and said they need to replace front brakes and do an alignment. (Note the car was in for a service 2 weeks ago, they are just finishing off what they started two weeks ago. So anyway, they call me the first day they are doing the work, two days ago, they said I needed a new rear trail arm brushing and a new front ball joint or something like that. Well, the parts didn't come in that day so I left it overnight. The next day, the wrong order came in at noon and the right one came in at three, so I had to leave again. So I went over and told them I need a car, so they gave me rental BMW and said okay, forsure we will have it done tommoral. Do note, they were going to charge me for the rental car, till I told them to shove it and said how is my fault you screwed up, so I got it for free. Anyway, today, it was supposed to be all done and back. Well, they didn't start on it till noon today and they ran into a bolt being seized and for some reason, that would take 4 hours to fix. BULL s-h-i-T!!!!!! So they have to keep it till tommorrow and assured me it will be done by mid afternoon. I am really ticked, and I am going to be really pissed if this bill is over a grand because of all the labour ($95.00cdn/h) which has NOT been done on the car is somehow included. Is this not a joke man???? I am straightning everything out tommoral because for two simple tasks, it will have taken 4 days in total. I don't understand this at all!!!!!
A pissed Bimmer owner!!!
I think it is safe to say, I will be looking at a new place to get my car serviced. Oh yeah, here is something that is funny as well. My last service, they included a $4.00 charge for windshield washer fluid. Well thats funny, because the fluid level was full because I ahd filled it up before I had brought it over that day and there was no can of washer fluid left in the car that I got charged for.
Just check your bills thouroughly.
Ciao Guys
Jay
*devil*

'88 325e
05-15-2002, 09:31 PM
Man I have heard so many of those stories it isn't even funny any more. This is not strictly a BMW issue either. I think the only solution to this is that "we" the customer start demanding better "service with a smile". The only time a dealership smiles is when you hand over the $$$ without any thought of questioning the bill.

I personally have never delt with dealerships due to the fact that they are making a tonne of money on the sale of your the and then on top of that they try and scam you out of your hard earned money in the service area. :mad: And on top of that if you bring in a modified car then it is even worse. I have even heard of dealers refusing to work on them!

I'm curious if there are any BMW authorized mechanics in here? LOL! Bet ya won't admit it! LMFAO! :D

addbhp
05-16-2002, 09:44 AM
I think we all sympatize with you, and can share our own stories. Even yesterday for myself, I went to the dealer to get the front brake wear sensor for my e30 , and after waiting for 10 minutes with people just chatting and walking around they finally served me. Then they said yes we have them in stock $22.50!:huh?:

Are you kidding me? I simply laughed and said forget it. Walked next door to Peninsula Import parts and paid the $6.75 for the exact same part.

These dealers are getting so greedy. Not that I hope BMW stops making a good product, but I hope these dealers one day feel some difficult times.

A seperate topic, but I'm reading about all these e46 M3's with blown motors, and the dealers in the US are hooking the computer up to the car to see how it's happened and in most cases blaming the driver and not warranting the motors?? Are these guys insane, BMW enters F1 and ALMS series, race M3's and not expect the owners to drive them hard??

I'm afraid the Customer service has all but disappeared at these image minded dealers*uzi*
Mark

GladdoM3
05-16-2002, 09:46 AM
Damn shady basterds !! I am glad that i have a mechanic @ work ! He does all my oil changes, cleans the aftermarket filters, bleeds the brakes..........pretty much anything small i need done to my car...and all i have to do is buy him lunch ! Phew.....I HATE ...I MEAN HATE CAR DEALERS SERVICE WITH A PASSION !!
All they do is candy coat-raping you in the A$$ for your hard earned money :(
Damn basterds

KIRASIR
05-16-2002, 10:29 AM
Most of the parts from the dealer have totally insane prices. I remember paying 45 bucks for a microfilter for my Ti, for a piece of 5x4" plastic with some fabric on it. $45!! or I was just quoted a couple of weeks ago $705 for the rear lip spoiler!!!
That's totally ridiculous. I can get the complete OEM M3 front bumper for the same money. Crazy.
And I haven't even started talking about the labour prices -$100++ per hour. That's why if I have to get something done to my car I do it myself. Even if I have to buy special tools, it still comes out cheaper than going to the dealer.

SL

NeeDiT
05-16-2002, 12:15 PM
Originally posted by KIRASIR
Most of the parts from the dealer have totally insane prices. I remember paying 45 bucks for a microfilter for my Ti, for a piece of 5x4" plastic with some fabric on it. $45!! or I was just quoted a couple of weeks ago $705 for the rear lip spoiler!!!
That's totally ridiculous. I can get the complete OEM M3 front bumper for the same money. Crazy.
And I haven't even started talking about the labour prices -$100++ per hour. That's why if I have to get something done to my car I do it myself. Even if I have to buy special tools, it still comes out cheaper than going to the dealer.

SL

i second that.

it's the notion that if you have a BMW you grow $$$ in your back yard and appreciate any help getting rid of all the cash you got.

i guess it comes with the teritory.

try to DIYS as much as you can

NickP
05-16-2002, 09:04 PM
Originally posted by addbhp
I think we all sympatize with you, and can share our own stories. Even yesterday for myself, I went to the dealer to get the front brake wear sensor for my e30 , and after waiting for 10 minutes with people just chatting and walking around they finally served me. Then they said yes we have them in stock $22.50!:huh?:

snip
:eek: Holy *&%$ I paid under $10 for the same part from Town and Country BMW...