PDA

View Full Version : How do you take out sealed beam housin' (low beam drivers side.))

lvan
02-26-2004, 12:31 AM
Today I wanna replace my passanger side low beam. It died. I hooked up the new one and it works. So not I wanna take the oldone out and put a new one.

When I open up the hood and stick my fingers towars light-housing theRe are two sticks ti ajust it. It ajust the lighT up and down and righ/left. I am confusted how to take the low beam housing out? Do I need to remove the front black panel or? I think I have to remove the front panel and take the bulb from outside while ajusters are loose...

SebSter
02-26-2004, 01:01 AM
just screw the adjuster things so it pushes the light all the way out.. then there should be a spring on top of the light connecting it to the housing. the spring will come off once you've unscrewed it

gsbadbmr
02-26-2004, 01:24 AM
Remove the 3 screws on the front bottom of the front passenger side grill, and pop off the clips on the top of the grill, then there are 3 more screws holding the aluminum light ring which is holding your light in place. Remove those 3 last screws and the light will come right out. Disconnect the plug in the back and that's it. Install your new light and put everything back properly. It's a 5 minute job!

-gsbadbmr

lvan
02-26-2004, 01:45 AM
Yes ,when I Look from inside the hood I can see that ring holding the housing tight so it does not come out. I just need a screwdriver and I am fine. Thanks a lot. *th-up*

lvan
02-26-2004, 05:00 AM
done