PDA

View Full Version : any goodies?

Unknown
02-25-2004, 06:57 PM
... for a 2001 Z3 3.0i?

There is a guy here at my co-op (Vampire Performance, in Bradford) who has a substantial amount of money and a Z3... he is looking for pretty much anything hi-po... from K&N filter to whatever he feels like...

Thanks guys, I figured it would be better to ask Bimmerheads about this, than it would be to ask Google...

JazzM
02-25-2004, 08:04 PM
The first thing I'd do is upgrade the intake (Jim Conforti), Exhaust (personal preference) and the software (again JC). That should give you a nice improvement...

... further, for the 3.0 you can get the dinan bored out throttle body, upgrade your suspension, light weight flywheel, etc...

after that you can go for forced induction. That's pretty much the standard route... let me know how it goes.

In my case, I did the M50 manifold and M3 cams upgrade as the first performance related upgrade with the proper software. I also did pulleys, fan delete, grounding terminal and am just fine-tunning my supercharger.

Best regards,

T.

97 Z3 2.8
03-05-2004, 04:47 PM
Toms about right. Unfortunatly there is no different intake manifold for the 3.0,
JC intake, software, diff swap, ltw flwhl, brake upgrade (vented and CD rotors), hawk pads, Ground Control coilovers or Eibach/Bilstein, uderdrive pullies, fan delete, headers, NAWS (can de done, don't suggest it though).
Check out these websites:
www.understeer.com
www.strongstrut.com
www.turnermotorsport.com
www.sharked.com
www.activeautowerke.com
www.bavauto.com

Feel free to pm or e-mail me with any questions. I also have a friend who is fabricating common ground systems who would love to supply shops like yours. Price point is quite agressive, and the system is very solid. Lemme know if you're interested.

BTW- I love those 240's...