PDA

View Full Version : rattle from back brakes ?

uk325sport
02-25-2004, 04:48 PM
hello all i have a 1994 e36 coupe 325i and it had an annoying rattle from what seemed to be the back brake pads so i changed them for a high quality one not cheap ones it stoped it all togeather but now it has come back on the left hand rear any ideas what could be up with it peeps this is one of them annoying niggles thats so hard to get rid of cheers :cool: :idea: *par-t*

KIRASIR
02-25-2004, 04:55 PM
Tighten your parking brake cables.

SL

Originally posted by uk325sport
hello all i have a 1994 e36 coupe 325i and it had an annoying rattle from what seemed to be the back brake pads so i changed them for a high quality one not cheap ones it stoped it all togeather but now it has come back on the left hand rear any ideas what could be up with it peeps this is one of them annoying niggles thats so hard to get rid of cheers :cool: :idea: *par-t*

crazyvadim
02-26-2004, 12:18 AM
How do you hear them,your front brakes usually do most of the braking.

uk325sport
02-26-2004, 05:43 AM
i can hear it when i go over bumps mainley when i apply my foot on the brake it stops what would it have to do with my parking brake ? how do i tighten my parking brake ? cheers

KIRASIR
02-26-2004, 06:11 AM
1) Check that both of the brake pad retainging clips are present.

2) Then make sure that your parking brake is adjusted property(It will rattle if it's loose.) Refer to the Bentley or Haney manuals for the instructions.

SL

Originally posted by uk325sport
i can hear it when i go over bumps mainley when i apply my foot on the brake it stops what would it have to do with my parking brake ? how do i tighten my parking brake ? cheers

thinair
02-26-2004, 06:47 AM
Kirasir is right, I had the same problem with my car.

Try this to check it, pull the handbrake up one or two clicks, then go drive, does it still rattle? If that fixed the rattling go tighten your parking brake cables. It worked for me.

How to Adjust an e36 Handbrake (http://www.unofficialbmw.com/e36/brakes/e36_handbrake_adjust.html)