PDA

View Full Version : Microfilter

Phazer
02-25-2004, 11:08 AM
Found out that my A/C microfilter is not behind my glovebox like on left hand drive BMW's but towards to the middle of he dash on the driver's side thanks to Gizmo. When the filter was out I tested my A/C and it blows me away!!! Before I could hardly feel the air coming out. So if I leave the filter out will anything bad happen? Or should I just put a new filter in?

4life
02-25-2004, 02:17 PM
nothing bad will happen, but your interior will be more dirty as dust and stuff will be sucked right in and settle inside your car. Why not just buy another one?

JJ

Phazer
02-25-2004, 02:37 PM
Originally posted by 4life
nothing bad will happen, but your interior will be more dirty as dust and stuff will be sucked right in and settle inside your car. Why not just buy another one?

JJ

Yeah sure, I can just by another one, but my A/C is working SOOO STRONGLY now, it really blows air now into the car. A new filter will probarly affect it, probarly not with much, but still.

thinair
02-25-2004, 03:14 PM
Don't drive around without the filter. When I go past construction sites in my truck (no filter) I can visually see the dust come in. In the winter I get the same thing with snow when I first start mytruck.

I replaced the microfilter in my mom's 525i. The one I removed was black. I replaced and and it was a huge improvement with a clean filter. The air blows a lot harder.

Gizmo
02-25-2004, 10:06 PM
I just gave mine a very good cleaning and put it back, it blows just as hard with a clean filter.

Phazer
02-27-2004, 09:56 AM
Drove today to Johannesburg from Pretoria on the highway with the filter out, will clean it like Gizmo said and then try it tommorow when I go on the highway to randburg. If it is good I will keep it in or else just get new filter.