PDA

View Full Version : How to quiet my muffler down?

Razkal
05-15-2002, 11:11 AM
Hi all,

Recently I put a Magnaflow muffler on my car and I find the noise in the interior a little too loud for me. If you guys listened to it, it would probably not be too loud for ya, I must be getting old or something.

I was just wondering if there is something that I can do so that I do not hear it as much from the inside of the car. Outside, it is not too loud.

Thanks in advance!

Leguan
05-15-2002, 11:31 AM
add a chamber resonator. Nozboyz did mine for less than a 100.

theblue
05-15-2002, 01:16 PM
put some duct tape over the outlet j/k

a lot of people who get loud exhausts hate them at first.. give yourself a week to get used to it and then decide if its really that bad

MPRESION
05-15-2002, 11:59 PM
Originally posted by theblue
put some duct tape over the outlet j/k

a lot of people who get loud exhausts hate them at first.. give yourself a week to get used to it and then decide if its really that bad

At first I thought the same that it was too loud. But as "theblue" said, give it some time so that you get use to it. After that, if it's still too loud for you, install a resonator to quiet things down a bit.

djcontra
05-16-2002, 09:53 AM
Resonators will definately quietn the sound above 3500rpms. On my car the exhaust note seemed to disappear at those rpms, I didn't like that so i took the resonators off. Plus with them on, my car sounded too much like a honda.

You could also install sound deadening material in your cabin. Like put some insulation or dynomat in the door panels etc. I've got to do that soon, at least in my trunk now that i have these loud subwoofers in my trunk (thanks again rob!)
i might put it in my doors too, to give it that quiet new car feeling inside.

Slowered318
05-16-2002, 02:55 PM
If you have a high flow muffler no matter how many resinators you put on its still going to make noise up untill the system creates enough back pressure to quiet it down.

I'm going to throw on a resinator to mine.. id rather have the refined bavarian sound then the 5 hp and the "BRRRRAAAAAAAAAAP"