PDA

View Full Version : Battery light

koncise
02-23-2004, 11:30 PM
Ok, so here's the story.

I goto get gas on my lunch break, and after filling up my car wont start. So someone boosts me and I'm on my way. Now I thought this was really weird since I had already been driving at least an hour that day. But anyway, a little later I notice my battery light is dimly on. And the more I push the gas the brighter it goes, and when I let off it dims... but thats the only light that does that, the other dont.

So I get home from work and decide to goto crappy tire to check my battery... they test it, says "bad battery".. so i get a new one for free. Now the car starts as good as ever, but after 2-3 min of driving, the same thing starts happening with the battery light.

So what do you guys think? (btw, I had my alternator rebuilt last summer.. but I think I'm gonna stop by the guy that did it tomorrow and have him look at it)

thanks :P (if u read all that.... actually its not that much :))

325iSBimmer
02-24-2004, 01:53 AM
its ur alternator...its not chargin properly and thats what killed the battery..have it checked out ASAP or else it will kill ur new battery...

BMW BMXer
02-24-2004, 01:58 AM
Yup. Alternator.

koncise
02-24-2004, 02:01 AM
thanks guys.....

I hope I can find the receipt... it should still be under warranty.

koncise
02-24-2004, 02:12 AM
oh, 1 more thing..... out of curiousity, how much would a high-output alternator run me? anyone know?