PDA

View Full Version : exhaust rubbing

sjinto
02-23-2004, 08:24 PM
WTF... i've had my exhaust on for over 2 yrs (supersprint)... all of a sudden it's rubbing like a mofo.... inside the car i can't hear sh*t but outside it's terrible:mad:

is there any easy solution (easier than re-positioning the exhaust) like maybe sticking some kind of heat resistant material in between the pipes and the body?

if anybody has had this problem before and come up with a quick sol'n please let me know....

beammer12000
02-23-2004, 09:12 PM
by the sound of it , it might be your heat sheilds that came losse try and take them off and see what happens

Jase
02-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Do you know where it is rubbing?. sometimes the exhaust acn shift due to a broken bolt or something. Take it to a exhaust shop. Most estimates are free

thinair
02-24-2004, 12:20 AM
Check the exhaust hangers, the factory ones suck. Replace them and be happy again.;)

sjinto
02-26-2004, 01:41 PM
turns out my exhaust might have a hole in it*sad*... from anger to despair

i guess it happens... it must have been punctured by ice or something - i've had some serious bangs this winter

now i've got a decision to make - replace with another cat-back exhuast or put on my OEM exhaust which has been sitting in the garage for two yrs