PDA

View Full Version : Is there any way to adjust your ride height other than coil overs?

Daydream///M3
05-15-2002, 12:16 AM
Having a problem with my rears rubbing.... any suggestions of how to raise the rears without having to get coilovers?

ThE bRoWn GuY
05-15-2002, 02:39 AM
I know of some guys with trucks (construction) that use spring spacers.. sorta like wedges in their springs... other than that i dunno..

'88 325e
05-15-2002, 06:55 AM
If you have the coin you could go all out and get an air bag suspension. Or for a little less coin how about adjustable air shocks? I don't know if they make them for BMW's but it is a thought.

djcontra
05-15-2002, 09:48 AM
you can buy slightly longer shocks
or
get new shocks and make sure they're stiff enough that they wont rub

DunDan
05-15-2002, 10:39 AM
Are your springs on your car just worn out? Maybe they are shot from the bad roads and mileage and are just sagging. Having to replace just the springs is alot cheaper than replacing shocks.

Daydream///M3
05-15-2002, 02:16 PM
Guys.... Im not sure that changing to longer shocks does anything?
Shocks control the oscillation while springs control ride height.... they are what keep your car at level.
Im just gonna do Perch mounts..... rubber inserts BMW uses to prob up the back under the control arm and the spring

Matthew C Smith
05-17-2002, 02:58 AM
Originally posted by Daydream///M3
Having a problem with my rears rubbing.... any suggestions of how to raise the rears without having to get coilovers?

another spring pad or a thicker one would bring it up a bit

check out the $tealer. They should be able to get you 5 10 or 15 mm sizes I believe.