PDA

View Full Version : "Warning" sound


qimis
02-22-2004, 05:40 PM
My car kept doing this , at least once a day while driving. It sounds like "ding", I noticed this happend twice when I was doing 60 km/h and couple times when I was about to brake and making a turn. There's no light on the dash or anything ... it just beep.

Mystikal
02-22-2004, 05:49 PM
Hehe, new owner alert! I'm guessing you have an OBC, it's the ice warning. Whenever the temp drops below 2.5C it will give that beep.

Of course mine doesn't anymore since I removed the damn driver-door open alert, which happens to be the same sound module. *angel*

T.Dot_E30
02-22-2004, 06:12 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal
Hehe, new owner alert! I'm guessing you have an OBC, it's the ice warning. Whenever the temp drops below 2.5C it will give that beep.

Of course mine doesn't anymore since I removed the damn driver-door open alert, which happens to be the same sound module. *angel*


I did the same....hmmm maybe thats why it doesn't ding anymore :)

niko_gt
02-22-2004, 06:44 PM
if its when u hit a certain speed, chek your ondash computer is the "SPEED" button lit up red? if so click it till its off
i did that to my buddy before he had NOO idea why it was beeping at 130 lol

Jon@Bimmersport
02-22-2004, 07:34 PM
i had the regular OBC but for me every hour it dinged lol

Mystikal
02-22-2004, 07:35 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
i had the regular OBC but for me every hour it dinged lol

That can be disabled ya know. :P

bmwm5lover
02-22-2004, 11:08 PM
Unplugging that goddamn dinging POS speaker was the first thing i did when i got my e30...

qimis
02-22-2004, 11:19 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal
Hehe, new owner alert! I'm guessing you have an OBC, it's the ice warning. Whenever the temp drops below 2.5C it will give that beep.

Of course mine doesn't anymore since I removed the damn driver-door open alert, which happens to be the same sound module. *angel*

hehe ... my OBC display is broken ... so i can't see if it's below 2.5 C, but i'll pay more attention on that :)

btw, how do you unplug the sound module ?

Mystikal
02-22-2004, 11:26 PM
Originally posted by qimis
hehe ... my OBC display is broken ... so i can't see if it's below 2.5 C, but i'll pay more attention on that :)

btw, how do you unplug the sound module ?

Remove the driver's side panel underneath the steering column, and you'll see the speaker box, which is mounted on the backside of the panel itself. Now just unplug it, and you're good to go!

I actually found the thing by mistake as I was adjusting my alarm sensor last year, but I'm SO happy that I removed it. I know my key is in the ignition, dumbass!