PDA

View Full Version : Extended Warranty???

Helldiver
05-13-2002, 05:00 PM
Hi Everyone,

I've asked around and surfed the net but really can't find any reputable companies that offer bumper-to-bumper (as in covers everything except for items in exclusion list) extended warranties in Canada.

The dealer did not offer these when I bought my car and I plan on keep the car for a long time... anyone know of any good companies?

Thanks! :)

Rolled_Out
05-13-2002, 06:07 PM
you bought an E46 M3 and your dealer did not ask you if you would like to purchase exxtended warranty?? your dealer has MAJOR problems... maybe you should talk to him..

MP328
05-13-2002, 06:12 PM
i bought mine used from the dealer and it is still has the extended warranty until august 2003 or 120 000 km whichever comes first and it didn't cost a cent.

Mr seville
05-13-2002, 06:26 PM
i think if i'm not mistaken you can buy up to 6 years of warranty*th-up*

NeeDiT
05-13-2002, 09:45 PM
the only place you want to get a warranty like this is at the dealer. all else is mickey mouse sh|t...

i don't know if you have purchased it yet - i assume it's not a BMW dealer selling it and this should ring a bell. why is that they are not willing to offer extended warranty on a new vehicle like that?!? IMHO you don't want to save money when you are going to spend this much, you want to get the best car possible, not the best deal possible.

if you bought it already, enjoy your new ride and don't spend your money on second-party warranty. your money will be better spent on rust check. do your rust checks yearly that's the best advise i can give you.

good luck!

MP328
05-14-2002, 05:53 PM
btw my warranty is with an bmw dealership not wirh some shop around the corner. and i think the extened warranty is worth it if u can get it i would.

i had my rear rotors replaced for free cuz they were making some strange noise when i just got the car.

also i had the OBC changed twice now. cost me only 50 bucks (deductable) the second time. and just that thing is around 400-500 bucks