PDA

View Full Version : Wheels!


Krim 325I
02-18-2004, 06:45 PM
OK im about to order a set of rims ( im not telling yet what they are hehe) And i want to be ABSOLUTLY SURE if 17X8 wheels would fit my car with a 23 mm offset. I know randy had 18X8 with 23mm offset and he said he didnt have to use any spacer whatsoever.

So thats all i want to know: 17X8 with 23 offset is perfect right?

thx

Digitalwave
02-18-2004, 07:23 PM
You will be damn close to the fender lips... but it should work. Run a skinny tire.

hammoj28
02-18-2004, 07:26 PM
Apparantely you can have up to 35mm in offset and you should be able to fit up to 7.5x18" but the recommended size is 7.5x17". You could fit bigger wheels if you got your arches trimmed (rolled).

Digitalwave
02-18-2004, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by hammoj28
Apparantely you can have up to 35mm in offset and you should be able to fit up to 7.5x18" but the recommended size is 7.5x17". You could fit bigger wheels if you got your arches trimmed (rolled).

A 35mm 8" wide rim would rub on the front strut without a doubt, and probably the inside of the rear fender as well.

hammoj28
02-18-2004, 07:41 PM
I only found this info from a haynes modifying guide but if it's wrong then i appologise.

EMPOWERD
02-18-2004, 10:27 PM
I am willing to put money on the fact that +23mm offset is a perfect for good tuckage on an E30 (no OLD-SKOOL applications apply). With 225 wide tires and 2.5" drop, I had equal clearance on the fender and strut side of my tires (only 1/16").

jeremy
02-18-2004, 10:45 PM
Originally posted by Krim 325I
OK im about to order a set of rims ( im not telling yet what they are hehe) And i want to be ABSOLUTLY SURE if 17X8 wheels would fit my car with a 23 mm offset. I know randy had 18X8 with 23mm offset and he said he didnt have to use any spacer whatsoever.

So thats all i want to know: 17X8 with 23 offset is perfect right?

thx

what rims you gettin ? pm me if you want *th-up*

Krim 325I
02-19-2004, 04:11 AM
Great , Thx to everyone with their input , my choice is made and i will be ordering my wheels pretty soon. Stay tuned for updates and pics ;)

Ian Sheppard
02-19-2004, 04:28 PM
I'm running 225 tires on a 7.5" rim with 25 offset, and I can't imagien going any tigher. I'm about a milimeter from the strut up front, and the same on the rear fender lip.

C ///M
02-20-2004, 02:46 AM
Originally posted by Digitalwave
You will be damn close to the fender lips... but it should work. Run a skinny tire.

A 35mm 8" wide rim would rub on the front strut without a doubt, and probably the inside of the rear fender as well.

T.J., what makes you say that? 17X8 et 23 is a perfect fit. I would run oversized tires if you're on stiff enuogh springs. You will have TONS of room in the rear and enough in front if you have rolled renders.

jeremy
02-20-2004, 02:51 AM
i tried to return your pm, but your box is full...AWESOME choice on wheels ! pm me how much they were and where you are getting them from. *th-up*

Digitalwave
02-20-2004, 04:04 PM
Originally posted by C ///M
T.J., what makes you say that? 17X8 et 23 is a perfect fit. I would run oversized tires if you're on stiff enuogh springs. You will have TONS of room in the rear and enough in front if you have rolled renders.

I know the ET23 will fit, but ET35 won't.