PDA

View Full Version : day 2 at the shop..

biotek
02-18-2004, 03:47 AM
Well car is up on stands, time to take a good look, todays finds were.... Coilovers = garbage, there done. Oil pan does have a crack in it, i got that pulled out(what a mission) Hole under the passanger side, Rad leaking, power steering leaking.

Thats all for today, ill be back there tomorrow

i still love the car :D

SpoolinS6
02-18-2004, 03:52 AM
HOLY SHIT
that thing is fuken bad
what u ganna replace all that shit with ?

R_JAY
02-18-2004, 04:17 AM
Sounds like it's gonna cost you a fortune to fix it up.

biotek
02-18-2004, 04:41 AM
not paying for the work.. just the parts, so that saves me alot of $.. i have a set of coilovers lined up for $400, just has to see if the guy still has them and im pretty sure i can save the rad.. i hope

R_JAY
02-18-2004, 04:44 AM
Hey, didn't you get this car from e46lover?
Get that boy to the shop and make him do some work on it too:D

bmwm5lover
02-18-2004, 04:56 PM
hahahahahahah

ZiMMie
02-18-2004, 05:15 PM
hey if u r goin to get rid of the OBX coilovers can u please let me know cause am intrested in a set.

Thanx alot in advance

lvan
02-18-2004, 05:52 PM
yah they all say good car but see now hahaha

Digitalwave
02-18-2004, 07:32 PM
Wait, you just said coilovers are garbage but you are buying another set?

Mystikal
02-18-2004, 08:18 PM
Originally posted by Digitalwave
Wait, you just said coilovers are garbage but you are buying another set?

No, the horrible OBX ones on the car were garbage. Trust me, one ride in that car and you'd KNOW something is wrong with the suspension.

Stay away from OBXs people!

Kal
02-18-2004, 08:22 PM
hey ivan didn't u get banned?

biotek
02-18-2004, 09:38 PM
i ment garbage as is all ****ed up *wiggle*

Its not bugging me much, its a old car shit breaks and wears, im going through the whole car.

My brother is going to wield up some patchs on the holes today, and maybe ill start taking out the coilovers.

And can anyone give me some places for Rad, Power Sunroof motor, power steering holes, oh and some coilovers

Im pricing things out

thanks

Mystikal
02-18-2004, 09:57 PM
For coilovers, hit up Ground Control. They are basically your only choice anyways. :D

ZiMMie
02-18-2004, 10:02 PM
I WANT THOSE OBX COILOVER. PM ME WHEN U TAKE THEM OUT.. PLEASE. i will take them. it was prob. not install proberly.

Mystikal
02-18-2004, 10:05 PM
Originally posted by ZiMMie
I WANT THOSE OBX COILOVER. PM ME WHEN U TAKE THEM OUT.. PLEASE. i will take them. it was prob. not install proberly.

Charlie did the install. :P I highly doubt that's the problem.

jeremy
02-18-2004, 10:19 PM
call collins auto for the hoses and shit -416-754-8500

what was wrong with the obx ? i have heard good things about them ?

biotek
02-19-2004, 12:16 AM
They are in piece's man lol... well the left front one is.. i have not looked at the rear yet. they were install proberly.. i think they were the wrong springs, the spring was for lowerd shocks, i could bounce it around... alooot of play.

Could that dmg them?

ZiMMie
02-19-2004, 12:19 AM
Originally posted by biotek
They are in piece's man lol... well the left front one is.. i have not looked at the rear yet. they were install proberly.. i think they were the wrong springs, the spring was for lowerd shocks, i could bounce it around... alooot of play.

Could that dmg them?

If u ever think of sellin them i got first dips on them.. or i can trade u my stock shocks plus some $$$$. wat ever works for u let me know.

biotek
02-19-2004, 12:23 AM
well im going to try and see if i can get them fixed at work, ill let you know if i give up on them though.

ZiMMie
02-19-2004, 12:26 AM
Originally posted by jeremy
call collins auto for the hoses and shit -416-754-8500

what was wrong with the obx ? i have heard good things about them ?

when r u installin yours? r u that lazy:D
I need some lowering springs b4 spring.

lvan
02-19-2004, 12:28 AM
aha I did .

BMW BMXer
02-19-2004, 12:41 AM
Look familar. :D

Bob Loblaw
02-19-2004, 11:29 AM
It's the first time I see Jon's name in a thread and he doesn't post in it. Why's that?? :P

Jon@Bimmersport
02-19-2004, 07:26 PM
lol wat do u want me to say?

good luck jay? lol..

gsbadbmr
02-19-2004, 10:14 PM
Originally posted by E46_lover
lol wat do u want me to say?

Just admit that you sold him a POS!!:D

But seriously, whenever you buy an old/used higher end car you should get it thoroughly checked out by someone who knows the particular model/type of car. It helps eliminate lots of hidden & costly repairs, and it gives you a better over-all condition of the car.

At least the new owner isn't holding any grudges.....

-gsbadbmr

biotek
02-19-2004, 10:25 PM
ok

#1 Was totally lose and bounce around(right side)
#2 was not there(both)
#3 Could spin it very freely(both)
#4 Was not there(both)

Just the front end, have not checked the back.

sorry msn paint
:P

jeremy
02-20-2004, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by ZiMMie
when r u installin yours? r u that lazy:D
I need some lowering springs b4 spring.

dont know....kinda scared too....keep hearing bad things about them :confused:

lvan
02-20-2004, 04:01 AM
I dont know man what do you think but I am very honest.I would never buy a car from some yngester here on max that had raped hell out of it. And I bet you that you paid around 5Gs . 5G s plus this repairs and all that ,Listen you could have E36 plus in nice condition just to put a key in it and drive it around . In this country people wanna sell you somthing that it is not worth s_it or if it is worth you have to pay double price.
I wish you all the best .

Ivan

biotek
02-20-2004, 04:16 AM
I didnt pay 5gs or close to it, the car is a 89... its old shit happens, the car was to low. Dont know how you drove that jon :P the oil pan looks nice and shinny, and the plug head hahaha it was a point almost.

Its all good, i dont have a reason for a grug, All in all im happy the way me and jon worked things out.. witch im not going to get into

oh and jon get me that shit :moon:

MorningCruiser
02-20-2004, 11:35 AM
*shrug* that's a big part of why I didn't want to buy it, it's across the country, a 15 year old car, and I'd rather not risk breaking down 5 times going from one side to the other.

Personally, I think what he said he wanted to me was a pretty good deal.

It's almost impossible to not get swindled on one level or another when you buy an older car, no matter how well they take care of it. Mechanics aren't all as nitpicky as we are.

I can say one word of caution though, don't buy cars that have been in storage for a while and haven't been driven for at least 3 months since taken out. I bought my fiero that way, just been stored since 1991, and it ran perfect, everything was fine. Three months later, heater core cracked, rad cracked, AC condensor zapped, the rad lines on underbody split... About 15 major things went wrong in a period of two weeks... It's made me VERY weary about buying old cars.

I'm sure Jon wasn't trying to bend him over... Seemed like a good guy!

biotek
02-20-2004, 10:55 PM
Well i figured i may as well go over everything in some detail, so me and my brothers friend got the motor hanging, Whole front susp is out. it took us about 5 hours. once i get some springs, and my oil pan weilded, hopefully monday or tuesday i put everything back in

Im keeping the coilovers btw, i want a nother type of spring though, one with a soft zone of the spring, i cant remeber the damn name for some reason... someone help me out :P

NickP
02-20-2004, 10:59 PM
progressive :)

BMW BMXer
02-20-2004, 11:11 PM
Originally posted by biotek
Well i figured i may as well go over everything in some detail, so me and my brothers friend got the motor hanging, Whole front susp is out. it took us about 5 hours. once i get some springs, and my oil pan weilded, hopefully monday or tuesday i put everything back in

Im keeping the coilovers btw, i want a nother type of spring though, one with a soft zone of the spring, i cant remeber the damn name for some reason... someone help me out :P

You can weld oil pans?

Helper springs?

biotek
02-21-2004, 12:13 AM
Yea you can.

you need to clean it very good with diseal or something, and make groove on the crack for the wield.

MorningCruiser
02-21-2004, 02:02 AM
Yep, soak it in diesel, one of the best cleaners out there. Just, make sure you let it air out too...

Miguel
04-07-2005, 10:51 AM
Hmmm it kinda does look like it was incorrectly installed....

BMW BMXer
04-07-2005, 11:32 AM
Back from the dead?