PDA

View Full Version : 98 323 exhaust are hard to find!>>>

BMW_M52_M20
05-12-2002, 11:25 PM
Hi,

Well, I have been looking for a catback system for my car. The only two I have found for my car is Remus + Supersprint. There is one pipe coming down from the cat and then just before it gets to the muffler, it splits in two. This car is a 6cyl and has the engine platform of a 325, but the exhaust is not like the 325 or 328 with two pipes coming down from the cat.
Anyone else seen anything that will fit my type of system? Should I just go with a free flow muffler and get some pipe work done??
Any suggestions
Thanks
Jay *smoke*

Slowered318
05-13-2002, 01:30 AM
It's gonna be cheaper to get someone to mandrill bend the pipe but your gonna have to pick out your own muffler/s.. If you have the money for a high flow catalitic converter then go from your headers back..

I just did a Remus muffler olny and it's freakin loud! so i'm gonna have to find a resinator to cut out the raspyness. It's too bad because it breaths like a champ now! 2 1/4" all the way from the header back in my 318 *no-no* noise polution!

anyways.. good luck.. if you can't find anyone who you can trust to costom build it? let me know

Slowered318
05-13-2002, 01:34 AM
BTW screw the twin pipes.. they are expensive and they sometimes rattle.. also most of the performance cat back systems have a "X" pipe to even out the pressure. the olny plus to the twin pipe as far as i know is that it can be tucked up closer to the frame.