PDA

View Full Version : looking for a e36

Gurvinder
02-14-2004, 12:41 AM
hey wats up guys i started to look for a e30 but parents think its to old so im lookin for a e36 4 door for under 10 grand if ne knoes of ne plz let me know
thanks
cheers

1BADBMR
02-14-2004, 02:52 PM
Check your message

1BADBMR
02-14-2004, 03:02 PM
its the green one

Autotechnica
02-14-2004, 03:09 PM
1BADBMR,

Do you have any parts off your car for sale? The 318's coils for example?

Thanks,

Bry

1BADBMR
02-14-2004, 03:27 PM
Originally posted by Autotechnica
1BADBMR,

Do you have any parts off your car for sale? The 318's coils for example?

Thanks,

Bry

Sorry Bry,

I plan to swap my coilovers on the 318i (PSS) & put them on the M3 and put back the stock suspension on the 318

Jon@Bimmersport
02-14-2004, 03:30 PM
if u need that suspension, let me know Al!

btw..i told gurvinder how sick ur ride was *th-up*

djcontra
02-15-2004, 12:02 AM
I've got a 325i for sale for $8000 (firm).

http://home.primus.ca/~akalicak/car-sell.jpg

just pm me for details if you're interested.

Soldo
02-15-2004, 12:17 AM
I don't think the PSS will work on the M3, because of the weight difference, due to the engine, the shocks are designed differently!!
I wouldn't suggest doing that, your better off parting the PSS' and selling the car with factory suspension!

1BADBMR
02-15-2004, 11:45 AM
Originally posted by SOLDOMATIC 325i
I don't think the PSS will work on the M3, because of the weight difference, due to the engine, the shocks are designed differently!!
I wouldn't suggest doing that, your better off parting the PSS' and selling the car with factory suspension!

Your right Kev,
I know this will not be a direct swap. Something with the shock mounts:confused:
But I found out from a couple of mechanics & they told me it is still possible to install them. (with a little custom work)

I really don't want to let these go. By far I think this is the best money I invested into my car.

Autotechnica
02-15-2004, 01:49 PM
I was going to say that too. I think the rear will fit without problems. But the front has problems. The M3 front struts are different than the 318 struts. The strut hats are different. You should also check to see if the tabs come welded into the PSS for the 318. If not, you have no way to reattach your front M3 sway bar.

The weight difference is a big concern. You should compare the size of 318 springs and M3 springs, very big difference.

Not trying to convince you to sell, but those are some serious factors you should consider. Personally I wouldn't do it. The M3's suspension was balanced perfectly and changing to the PSS will probably upset the balance. I'm not sure how coilovers work, but when you use a front set of springs meant for a lighter car on a much heavier car, the spring will compress (your car will be lower). The problem with this is, the front spring's progressive spring rates will be very different than the rear. Where the rear springs aren't compressed as much as the front due to their weight, the spring rates in the rear will be a lot less than the front causing unbalanced handling. This is only by theory, who knows how it will actually handle. It depends fully on how progessive the springs are. Most "street" lowering spring applications have a "comfort" zone, then a really agressive spring rate. As you start to corner harder the springs compress so does the spring rate. That's a good reason why you should never mix and match springs.

Bry

AlpWhitE46
02-15-2004, 04:50 PM
Originally posted by Gurvinder
hey wats up guys i started to look for a e30 but parents think its to old so im lookin for a e36 4 door for under 10 grand if ne knoes of ne plz let me know
thanks
cheers

Well did you check autotrader?

Gurvinder
02-16-2004, 07:48 PM
hey wats up guy dose ne one know where i can get a hold of alvin ne help is good thanks alot
cheers

bcupic
02-16-2004, 08:44 PM
check your pm