PDA

View Full Version : BMW's upcomming product lineup?

Gamite
02-13-2004, 04:57 PM
http://www.netmindscorp.com/txwrangler/021204/Finishedarticles/NewBMWs/newbmws.jpg

TiemenT
02-13-2004, 07:33 PM
all 3 car suck... sorry 2 say, but those aren't pure heart BMW's, those are just nice cheap cars with an BMW badge...

Jase
02-13-2004, 07:36 PM
Ya but even bmw wants more market share. they will hurt the overall prestege of the name but that dosent seem to be a concern. they seem to want into the 25g market.

crazyvadim
02-13-2004, 08:05 PM
I like the Z4 and looks like i will like the 1 series.

SickFinga
02-13-2004, 08:11 PM
1 series looks better than Audi A3, GOLF, or any other hatchback ive ever seen

Simby
02-14-2004, 12:19 AM
They look decent. Are they really small though?

Alezone
02-14-2004, 06:14 AM
if the 1 is small enough, i'd take it :) gotta love little 2 dr hatchback

Quack
02-14-2004, 06:43 AM
yeah 1 series seems interesting, a high end civic with RWD, I'll buy one and use it as my beater

SebSter
02-14-2004, 09:46 PM
to be honest i really like the 1series 3dr too, good stuff

M3ti Compact
02-14-2004, 10:54 PM
All 3 cars are HOT!

I think BMW is going in the right direction with the reintroduction of small, affordable and fun cars (which is what the 2002 and the 3 series originally set out to do). And, they don't look wierd!

Rear drive, choice of three 4-cylinder engines, one with turbo...those things must be very close to 50/50 weight distribution...anyone can accellerate fast, not everyone can keep up in the corners!

djcontra
02-15-2004, 12:31 AM
Well, at least the 3-series won't be the lowest end of the line anymore :D

(these 1 series look like poo)

BladeRunner
02-15-2004, 04:14 AM
aren't these short lived sieres cars or would they be long term? I think it will hurt BMW though, but sometimes you must adjust to make money.

As long as ricers don't get their hands on these cars they'll be fine by me.

R those Golfs really fast what about the VW Cabrio or however you spell it. One day I was driving home on an off ramp and a lady in one of those VW Cabrios jumped to the right of me. I floored it a little and saw she was at my door, so I let off.

///Milk
02-15-2004, 07:55 AM
i like em
wasnt the 2 series cab known as the CS1 Concept?

bimmerdude
02-15-2004, 12:36 PM
they look hot

Manimillion
02-15-2004, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by TiemenT
all 3 car suck... sorry 2 say, but those aren't pure heart BMW's, those are just nice cheap cars with an BMW badge...

I'm not concerned at all... These will probably replace the 316i's and 318i's which are running around... I just hate the people who freak out when they see something new that they are not used to it. How come no one comments on 316i's and 318i's? :rolleyes:

felixthecat
02-15-2004, 07:17 PM
sure why not?look what the 924,944,boxster did for porsche!......o wait... it almost destroyed there image!from exotic to plain-jane*sleep* in 6 seconds flat!dont make our cars plain-jane,please!!!!!!!!!*thmbsdwn*

Manimillion
02-15-2004, 07:23 PM
Originally posted by felixthecat
sure why not?look what the 924,944,boxster did for porsche!......o wait... it almost destroyed there image!from exotic to plain-jane*sleep* in 6 seconds flat!dont make our cars plain-jane,please!!!!!!!!!*thmbsdwn*

So you think the E30 you drive is so exclusive? You can't compare Porsche's with BMW's...

Remember in 1999 when Bangle introduced the protoype which is now the 6 series in Geneva, and everyone said, "OH NO THATS NOT A BMW" and they made articles in magazines exactly saying "Bangle is On Crack" (German Magazine)... And now look, the 6 series came out and everyone is drooling on it...

felixthecat
02-15-2004, 07:57 PM
it was when it was new wasn't it?i think the only people that had them then were little blond yuppies girls(dady ..i wan a lil bimmer,all my friends have them!!)or people with cash,everybody else was driving 70's caprices or something of the like.bmw and porsche are both upscale european carmakers...how much was a z3 compared to a boxster eh?so yeah,i think you can compare the two.......anyway what im saying is it cheapens the image of the brand.

Manimillion
02-16-2004, 12:12 AM
Originally posted by felixthecat
i think the only people that had them then were little blond yuppies girls(dady ..i wan a lil bimmer,all my friends have them!!)or people with cash,everybody else was driving 70's caprices or something of the like.

Maybe you should think again I don't know about North America but, a 3 series was never such a rare car from where I am... The 7's and the 5's were... I'm not dissing your car, but I just don't like it when people exaggerate what their cars are... Just like the WRX drivers in North America, they think they drive supercars.. :rolleyes:

felixthecat
02-16-2004, 02:10 AM
oh you're missing the point,i'll give you an example:other e-30 owners should know what im talking about....when you pull up somewere (friends place,club,ect)people will still say"hey,nice car"or it still gets looks after all these years,bmw's seem to have that "classy"status,people can't help but look at them.do you know what i mean?new or old you still drive a "bimmer"its really no big deal if you drive a chevlolet cavalier,i just wouldn't like to see these new ones be like cavaliers....i just think it would hurt the "status" of bmws......