PDA

View Full Version : Anyone want to drop by and troubleshoot my stock stereo??

djcontra
02-12-2004, 11:13 PM
For some reason, in the E36 i'm trying to sell, the stereo isn't turning on anymore. It all happened ever since I got my subframe rienforced but I never bothered to fix it since then (i like listening to the engine more than music sometimes :))

I'm wondering if anyone here who knows the ins and outs of the stock setup could drop by my place sometime in the future to help me fix it.

thanks! *wave*

Euro_E30
02-13-2004, 12:40 AM
fuse?

Soldo
02-13-2004, 12:52 AM
?!?!
A little lost here, what hapopened, wires got fukd up!?

djcontra
02-13-2004, 12:55 AM
I checked the fuses, they're good. It's like the stereo isn't getting any power, but the disc changer in the back sure is.
I know my mechanic wouldn't have touched anything up front, so it's gotta be somewhere in the trunk, but there's soo many wires, and they're not labelled anything in particular either :(

Soldo
02-13-2004, 12:56 AM
OHHHHHH, ok i get it!
DAMMIT!
i'll try to search it on the net again, but i remember before, i got the whole wiring for the car off the net, explained which wire was for what!

lvan
02-13-2004, 03:52 AM
in my car whem i put 5 digit code it does not work. I try to press hard but my audiobmw code is not working. I wanted to listen some Serbian turbo folk but now noway. I think I am goin to listen engine as DJ said .

NickP
02-16-2004, 05:05 AM
The welding probably sent a voltage spike blowing a fuse....
If the e36's are like the e30's there's a secondary fuse at the back of the radio you'll notice if you pull out the deck.

ROBM3
02-16-2004, 05:09 AM
It's a faulty relay....It's a turn-on-relay.Get a shop to look at it.

Take it to my buddies ar Number 1 sound.. Talk to Markus or Joey.

They are on College st, just west of Dufferin.

djcontra
02-16-2004, 05:24 AM
Thanks for the info Rob! I'll check for that fuse Nick is describing first since it's probably alot easier for me to troubleshoot :)
I sure hope it's just a fuse and not melted wires or something...