PDA

View Full Version : Crappy Tire has the Silver Stars on a peg rack.


X5HogTown
02-12-2004, 02:37 AM
For a coupe, you'll need 2 9005ST and 2 9006ST.

I had BMW install them beacuse you need to remove parts to access the back of the headlights.

crusher
02-12-2004, 02:56 AM
thanks

crusher
02-14-2004, 08:55 PM
I bought them today, 115 taxes in. Now it's time to install em :)

X5HogTown
02-15-2004, 09:21 PM
Good luck! I hope there's more room in your engine bay. BMW installed mine for about $30.

crusher
02-16-2004, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by X5HogTown
Good luck! I hope there's more room in your engine bay. BMW installed mine for about $30.

Ya it's pretty easy for me, I guess because I have the older engine not too crowded. But I had to remove the intake box and then squeze my way off the wiper resevour.

X5HogTown
02-16-2004, 11:31 PM
How do they look out on the street? (my car went into storage right after they were installed)

SpudBoy
02-16-2004, 11:36 PM
Spud needs to know lol

Mystikal
02-16-2004, 11:55 PM
Sorry to ruin Crappy Tire's sales (yeah, right) but I sell bulbs which are EXACTLY the same in performance as Silverstars. We conducted a test on my friend's Maxima (he had the 'stars and swore I was lying) and there was NO difference in light pattern and colour. I've also had the bulbs in my car since summer, and they have not blown.

I'll do 9005 and 9006 for $65, taxes in. Money back if they don't do what I say. :)

crusher
02-17-2004, 12:45 AM
damn that sucks!! i already got the cnd tire :(

crusher
02-17-2004, 02:32 AM
here's how it looks like. sorry the coupe is pretty dirty right now :(

very yellowish ugh

crusher
02-17-2004, 02:33 AM
a little bit brighter

crusher
02-17-2004, 02:34 AM
boom!!

songziou
02-17-2004, 02:55 AM
Why don't you change the bulbs of the signals to white too?

crusher
02-17-2004, 03:00 PM
Originally posted by songziou
Why don't you change the bulbs of the signals to white too?

i love to change it but dunno where to get em. Where did you get yours?

songziou
02-17-2004, 04:00 PM
EBAY, I forgot the price, about 10+USD a pair shipped, There should be lots of Auto accessories stores have them in Toronto area, just ask for hyper white 1157 bulbs when you drop by.

SpudBoy
02-17-2004, 10:39 PM
Originally posted by crusher
sorry the coupe is pretty dirty right now :(

Jeff:

SHAME!!!

crusher
02-17-2004, 11:20 PM
Originally posted by SpudBoy
Jeff:

SHAME!!!

heheh come on!! find me a winter beater ;)

Mystikal
02-18-2004, 01:13 AM
Jeff, I sell the 1157's to match your new headlights. $15 I think, if not less. PM me or hit me up on MSN if you want them. :)

X5HogTown
02-19-2004, 01:04 AM
White signal bulbs are illegal. This gives the cops a reason to pull you over. Not good.

You should consider a set of clear lens and keep the yellow bulbs. Clear looks much better on Metallic Silver.

You can get these at
www.leatherz.co
for $U37.

songziou
02-19-2004, 02:17 AM
I don't know about Ontario, but In NewBrunswick, cops don't care about your lights. even ground lights.

crusher
02-19-2004, 03:41 AM
Originally posted by X5HogTown
White signal bulbs are illegal. This gives the cops a reason to pull you over. Not good.

You should consider a set of clear lens and keep the yellow bulbs. Clear looks much better on Metallic Silver.

You can get these at
www.leatherz.co
for $U37.

hey bruce.. I already got the clears installed, they were the first thing I did heheh ;) they're a bitch to install, I pretty much destroyed the ambers when I removing them. Anyways, i'm thinking of painting the amber to silver to remove the yolk effect

crusher
02-19-2004, 03:43 AM
see the Zaino still shines heheheh ;)

SpudBoy
02-19-2004, 09:09 PM
sweet:cool:

SpudBoy
02-19-2004, 11:24 PM
except fo

crusher
02-23-2004, 08:17 PM
Originally posted by SpudBoy
except fo

yup, i'll fix those in the spring. Also my diff cover needs some cleaning too :(

SpudBoy
02-23-2004, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by crusher
yup, i'll fix those in the spring. Also my diff cover needs some cleaning too :(

in truth, so does mine*th-up*

97 Z3 2.8
02-25-2004, 03:47 PM
Hey Spudboy,

Where in Durham are you? My GF and I are buying a house in Brooklin. Should be built in June 05

Mitch555
02-28-2004, 06:06 AM
I'm never going to buy these ricer bulbs anymore. I went through 4 pairs one after another. They melted my connectors and the lights kept on burning out a week or two after I put them in. And yes, they were the right wattage. My stock H1 bulbs look great with my projection headlights. I love the look of it. You don't see any yellow. It's all white.

SpudBoy
02-28-2004, 06:03 PM
Originally posted by 97 Z3 2.8
Hey Spudboy,

Where in Durham are you? My GF and I are buying a house in Brooklin. Should be built in June 05

near Tim Horton's at #2 and Harwood.

We should meet up for a little cruise sometime

*th-up*

Mystikal
02-29-2004, 01:15 PM
Originally posted by Mitch555
I'm never going to buy these ricer bulbs anymore. I went through 4 pairs one after another. They melted my connectors and the lights kept on burning out a week or two after I put them in. And yes, they were the right wattage. My stock H1 bulbs look great with my projection headlights. I love the look of it. You don't see any yellow. It's all white.

What bulbs were you using? E36's are really picky.

Mitch555
02-29-2004, 04:02 PM
Originally posted by Mystikal
What bulbs were you using? E36's are really picky.

That's what it seemed like, Afterall I learned the hard way! :D

To be honest I am not sure anymore. It was almost 2 years ago.

97 Z3 2.8
03-04-2004, 04:50 PM
I'm caught between better looking bulbs and a car cover. Both are around 100 bucks, may car does have lights, but every time I park the damn thing in it's carport it gets dirty within a day.....

Decisions, decisions.....