PDA

View Full Version : Which is the BEST EXHAUST......


Daydream///M3
02-11-2004, 03:22 AM
What do you think is the best exhaust in terms of both PERFORMANCE (BHP and TORQUE gains) and sound (NICE MELLOW but not overly obnoxious)?

mkgino
02-11-2004, 03:26 AM
AA, comon u heard it in my car and u said u loved it

///MsAniTy
02-11-2004, 03:33 AM
i heard the Eisenmann Hi-Performance Exhaust is amazin and the sound is far from others

Quack
02-11-2004, 03:33 AM
I love Eisenmann exhaust, couldn't afford one for my car, but they are well made, light, and sound amazing

HIM
02-11-2004, 03:33 AM
I hear UUC is really good, its probably what I'm getting. I seem to hear a lot of people say that AA isn't as loud as most people want... can someone give clarification on this??

crazyvadim
02-11-2004, 04:00 AM
I have a hard time picking between the BB and the AA.I had a BB Tri-Flo on my E36 325 and it sounded amazing but kinda loud.Then i heard the AA and it was just what i wanted because its quiet on idle but roars on high RPMs.

Jon@Bimmersport
02-11-2004, 04:12 AM
AA exhaust, and AA intake

Quack
02-11-2004, 04:20 AM
what are you talking about Jon, Gruppe M intake is the way to go

Jon@Bimmersport
02-11-2004, 04:22 AM
for E36 M3? sorry to say, but sickfinga..the white stains on ur seat came from me when u ****ing floored it for the first time when i was in it! lol thats how good it is

qimis
02-11-2004, 04:36 AM
for E36, i like breyton the best *th-up* they sound so PERFECT

moerom
02-11-2004, 07:01 AM
AA Gen III is the best power gain/$ ratio, sounds great, lasts forever and is light as hell.

Triflow apparently robs power.

Remus makes a $$$$ exhaust but it sounds amazing!

Alezone
02-11-2004, 07:40 AM
i have B&B, it sounds great at both low and high rpm.

Mitch555
02-11-2004, 08:09 AM
What do you guyz think of Brullen?

thinair
02-11-2004, 08:11 AM
Why not the UUC TSE?

That what I'd get if i had to buy an exhaust.

I'll post pics of my Racing Dynamics tomorrow if I remember btw.

BMW_M52_M20
02-11-2004, 02:04 PM
Originally posted by Mitch555
What do you guyz think of Brullen?

A nice deep sound, but I found it way to bassy on my car, mainly because it was a straight through exhaust.
Jay

WASABI
02-11-2004, 04:38 PM
You've heard my Tri-Flo as well, Crusher was selling his Rogue Eng. that was nice too. Those are all nice, except for maybe stromung (I've heard these rust).

j23chan
02-11-2004, 04:53 PM
Is AA exhausts easily available in TO? if so, where?

Mitch555
02-11-2004, 05:46 PM
Originally posted by BMW_M52_M20
A nice deep sound, but I found it way to bassy on my car, mainly because it was a straight through exhaust.
Jay

Nice! I'm thinking about getting this muffler. Did you have your custom made?

R_JAY
02-11-2004, 05:49 PM
Originally posted by Mitch555
Nice! I'm thinking about getting this muffler. Did you have your custom made? What's wrong with the one you have now. I think it sounds really good.

Quack
02-11-2004, 06:08 PM
Originally posted by Mitch555
What do you guyz think of Brullen?

hey mitch, I got a Brullen cat-back with larger cats installed last month, sounds great, but I got a V8 so anything sounds great on my car :D

Bliss
02-11-2004, 06:25 PM
My AA gen3 exhaust sounds awsome, and i absolutely love it, but in terms of hp gains?....didn't feel anything...sorry.

However, i would buy this exhaust again if i had to. I love it, regardless.*th-up*

j23chan
02-11-2004, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by Bliss
My AA gen3 exhaust sounds awsome, and i absolutely love it, but in terms of hp gains?....didn't feel anything...sorry.

However, i would buy this exhaust again if i had to. I love it, regardless.*th-up*

where did you get it?? and how much?

Bliss
02-11-2004, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by j23chan
where did you get it?? and how much?

Ordered it straight from Active. Don't remember how much though...roughly 1300cdn.

http://www.activeautowerke.com/main.cfm

Mitch555
02-12-2004, 12:06 AM
Originally posted by R_JAY
What's wrong with the one you have now. I think it sounds really good.

It does. But I dunno if I wanna keep the DTM tips. I wanna get dual oval's. I dunno... it's just a thought.

Mitch555
02-12-2004, 12:10 AM
Originally posted by Quack
hey mitch, I got a Brullen cat-back with larger cats installed last month, sounds great, but I got a V8 so anything sounds great on my car :D

Damn! Your car must sound sweet as hell!! I have to hear it at one of the meets this summer for sure!

Jon@Bimmersport
02-12-2004, 12:26 AM
mitch has rust-active tips :D

Bliss, wasnt max an AA dealer once?

there is one in markham, go to www.aatuning.com and click distributers, and there is a place in markham, they were also at bimmercruize and is owned by a member named M3TURBOCA who has a 325i with 3.0L M3 motor and turbo kit..doing 12.73@112mph (just watched the video..)

Mitch555
02-12-2004, 12:54 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
mitch has rust-active tips :D


Rust? My exhaust isn't rusting! lol

///MsAniTy
02-12-2004, 02:52 AM
hey guys i got a question do u think a magnaflow exhaust is better soundin then a brullen one?

Bliss
02-12-2004, 04:42 AM
Originally posted by E46_lover
mitch has rust-active tips :D

Bliss, wasnt max an AA dealer once?

there is one in markham, go to www.aatuning.com and click distributers, and there is a place in markham, they were also at bimmercruize and is owned by a member named M3TURBOCA who has a 325i with 3.0L M3 motor and turbo kit..doing 12.73@112mph (just watched the video..)

yes, but i had the exhaust before then.

Mitch555
02-12-2004, 05:38 AM
Originally posted by ///MsAniTy
hey guys i got a question do u think a magnaflow exhaust is better soundin then a brullen one?

Magnaflow is a deep sounding muffler, and fairly loud.

Brullen can be custom made to the tone you want. Brullen mufflers are loud.

BladeRunner
02-12-2004, 06:20 AM
which one has the best blurble. i don't think you would want it too loud at cruise you might get pulled. if you do a quick 0-60 you may be in troub.

Furious
02-12-2004, 06:33 AM
hey Gavin this is the best link to referance for the M3, has sound clips for most of the exhausts with dyno graphs and numbers. they even rate the exhausts according to all the things you might consider.

good luck bro

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0301ec_techbmw/

A~G
02-12-2004, 06:40 AM
Why's nobody Voting for RACHING DYNAMICS??? my buddy has one and it sounds great. somethign about the quality???

+u guyz GOTTA HEAR MINE. its an old Midas Exhaust SYSTEM.. with "sound holes" all over it :D

Seriously... it turns heads... it sounds like a freakin monster when i drive it.

thinair
02-12-2004, 07:50 AM
Originally posted by A~G
Why's nobody Voting for RACHING DYNAMICS??? my buddy has one and it sounds great. somethign about the quality???

I voted Racing Dynamics, am I a nobody?:(

I like the sound of it too, very quiet at idle and when cruising, which is exactly how I like it, subtle. Loud at the higher RPM's when at WOT though.

crazyvadim
02-12-2004, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Furious325is
hey Gavin this is the best link to referance for the M3, has sound clips for most of the exhausts with dyno graphs and numbers. they even rate the exhausts according to all the things you might consider.

good luck bro

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0301ec_techbmw/

That is 1 hell of a website,wish i woulda seen it when i had my 3 series.I really like the UUC,Rogue and the Racing Dynamics.For some reason the Tri-Flo didnt sound that good in the clip but in person its really a good sound.

A~G
02-12-2004, 05:22 PM
Originally posted by thinair
I voted Racing Dynamics, am I a nobody?:(

I like the sound of it too, very quiet at idle and when cruising, which is exactly how I like it, subtle. Loud at the higher RPM's when at WOT though.


*th-up* sorry... I should have rephrased that... "why aren't MANY ppl voting for racing dynamics" :)

Nice bimmer by the way*th-up* Maciek (friend) used to own something VERY similar... love those 328's!

thinair
02-12-2004, 05:48 PM
Originally posted by A~G

Nice bimmer by the way*th-up* Maciek (friend) used to own something VERY similar... love those 328's!

I bought Maciek's car a while ago, which expains the similarity.

bimmerchop
02-12-2004, 05:54 PM
What about Remus?

A~G
02-12-2004, 05:57 PM
Dammn. that was u! I was at the meet with Maciek, i think i remember him complaining/u complaining about little chips on the front.

:)... he made me take pictures of what he still considers to be his "baby"

A~G
02-12-2004, 05:57 PM
...

A~G
02-12-2004, 05:58 PM
^^^^^^^ I have the original ones no my computer... but they're too big/high quality to post.

shrigzz
02-17-2004, 04:28 AM
I really like the sound of the Eisenmann. Once you hear it in person, your choice will be clear. Although, I haven't heard the Racing Dynamics in person so I can't really comment on it.

In terms of performance, I don't think there are significant differences between them.