PDA

View Full Version : Any tips on wiper trans removal?

DORIGTT
02-09-2004, 05:06 AM
I need to replace my wiper motor/trans assembly in my 325is and can't for the life of me figure out how to do it without destruction of my blower motor housing.
Any help on this one?

addbhp
02-09-2004, 01:16 PM
I hear your cries for help, last hear my blower motor went and about a month later, my wiper linkage seized, or fell apart. I was able to do the blower motor myself, after much difficulty, but left the wiper linkage to a BMW mechanic (not the dealer). Some money is better spent leaving it to a professional. My 2 cents. Since then my wiper system feels like it's off a new car.
Mark

Mystikal
02-09-2004, 06:11 PM
Here's my experience: I looked inside the housing. I paused to plan how to attack the project. I then called my mechanic.

It's easily one of the most annoying and time consuming things to do on an E30. Pay someone to do it.

DORIGTT
02-13-2004, 04:19 AM
C'MON PEOPLE! No-one want's to help a poor innocent E30 owner save a couple of bucks!

crazyvadim
02-13-2004, 01:50 PM
Its not an easy job......i would suggest picking up a service manual,it will walk you thru it.Sorry i cant help much,i never replaced a wiper motor or had 1 go out on me.BTW,how do you know you need to replace the whole motor/transmission assembly?? Is power being fed to the motor??

DORIGTT
02-14-2004, 12:00 AM
My car may not appear to be as 'worldly' as it is, but I've got 267,000 miles on it and the wiper pivots are ovaling the guides they fit through! I live in Michigan and this car has seen some heavy snow. I imagine any car with this kind of mileage would have something seemingly indestructable fail. The car still sqawks pretty hard during the 1st - 2nd shift*th-up*

AndreNY
02-14-2004, 02:23 AM
all i can say it's a BITCH and a half, i had to take out the motor when i was installing my Mono Wiper, and it took me around 3 hours. The worse part was getting the arm out, it was such a a bitch

toffa182
02-14-2004, 07:44 PM
i'm removing my wiper motor and stuff next week so i can take some pics and show you the procedure.