PDA

View Full Version : Injector cleaner

SebSter
02-08-2004, 07:05 PM
guys whats a good fuel injector cleaner.. and how should i use it? some people say to put it in with a full tank.. ive also read that its best to wait till im almost out of gas and dump it all in and drive a bit like that..

anyone know which one i shoudl buy and how i should apply it? (my cars a 1990 325.. so maybe theres something more directed towards older cars?)

bluntheadtrauma
02-08-2004, 08:36 PM
id use techron and follow the directions. more isnt always better, in the case of adding it with less fuel i mean. read the bottle and follow the manufacturers directions i say

Quack
02-08-2004, 09:20 PM
Lubro Moly has a good injection cleaner, we sell it at our dealer, so does my old shop, PM me for more details

LukeE30IX
02-09-2004, 01:23 AM
Sea Foam is good, Just use the directions. I think its with a full tank.

WhadUpp
02-09-2004, 01:27 AM
Most injector cleaners specify to add the cleaner right before you fillup your tank at the station. Some just simply say...add to full tank of gas... I would follow whatever is recommended but personally I add mine before I fill up.

BladeRunner
02-09-2004, 03:33 AM
i do my before and after fill up. funny thing when i use this stuff i notice a major change in responsiveness. to me it would be better to add it directly before you fill up to mix the two things.

chromius
02-09-2004, 01:09 PM
I have heard from serveral reputable BMW mechanics that for E30's its bad to use an alcohol based injector cleaner because it will wear out the seals on the injectors, and will eventually make things worse...is there any merit to this or were they just full of it? I have been reluctant to use any because of this, and I have no idea which cleaners use alcohol....

BladeRunner
02-09-2004, 07:54 PM
i've heard of the same thing when it comes to BMW engine in gerneral. Is it ture or not don't know.

BladeRunner
02-09-2004, 07:56 PM
I think it does cause your inspection light to erroneously come on, so what other posssibly adverse things it it causing.