PDA

View Full Version : is it hard to take off rubber from chrome bumper.

BLAGUSS
02-08-2004, 04:45 PM
I decided not to put plastic bumpers on my car and to keep it as clean as posible.My front rubber that goes around my front bumper is cracked.It is beside my right indicator. Has anyone tryed to take it off and to put new rubber . Do I have to take off whole bumper or I can take off just the rubber and replace it ?

bmwm5lover
02-08-2004, 04:50 PM
the rubber on my e28 was holding on by clips that went into little rail ways on the back of the rubber...in other words, it should slide on and off...

BLAGUSS
02-08-2004, 04:54 PM
So you just slide it right or left in order to take it off.
Just on the corner the previous owner made wide turn and he cracked it on the corner. To replace it it would look much better and cheap .

bmwm5lover
02-08-2004, 04:55 PM
give it a try, vut just in case im wrong,wait for another repsonse...

BladeRunner
02-08-2004, 07:31 PM
Yeah I've been thinking of doing new plasitc to since mine is warping. I really need to find out how to replace the rubber/pastice around my front and rear windshield. Not planning on replacing it soon but it would be nice to know just incase, because the metal on mine has rusted in one section and been removed on another.

Is it me or did the e30s come with some good/strong glass?

bluntheadtrauma
02-08-2004, 10:05 PM
you need to remove the bumper to get at the nuts that hold the rub strips on. it will be clear once you remove the bumpers

BLAGUSS
02-08-2004, 11:03 PM
I went to see it and I think I can take off the rubber with my hands pulling it out. The rubber just clicks in chrome space in the bumper. I just have to see how to stick it when the rubber comes at the end of bumper becuase there I have that plastic cover that hoes on my bumper. I think now is the time to get rubber! Where could Iget one? It should not be that expensive.

johnoz
02-09-2004, 12:35 AM
Originally posted by bluntheadtrauma
you need to remove the bumper to get at the nuts that hold the rub strips on. it will be clear once you remove the bumpers

What blunt said. It is easy to get the strip out without removing the front bumper but almost impossible to put it back.

BLAGUSS
02-09-2004, 03:33 AM
I dont know if it is hard to take it off the whole thing. When I take her in shop I will make them do it. I dont know why I can not put it back as easly I took it off?

johnoz
02-09-2004, 03:37 AM
if my memory serves me correct the two front ones that are close to licence plate holder the other to the blinker are hard to put back on.

Before bringing it to a shop though, if you have a closed garage and have the right bolt/nut to remove the bumper, you can do it yourself. To remove the two bolts that hold the bumper in its place is not that diffucult(if not rusted) and you have the right or 'quality' tools.