PDA

View Full Version : To Chrome or not to Chrome your grills? That is the question :p

Autotechnica
05-11-2002, 02:12 AM
What do you guys think of chromed out grills? I personally like as little chrome on the car as possible. The outlines of the kidney grill stock look nice. I don't like totally blacked out grills either. Your opinions please!

Bryan

Gamite
05-11-2002, 02:18 AM
I think all black looks wicked, specially on black cars:

Charlie's car.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=19397.jpg

Autotechnica
05-11-2002, 02:21 AM
I like a little variety though. If the entire car is all black it looks less interesting. Charlie's car looks good because he has the motor sport flag and its a different colour. Looking good charlie! :)

Bryan

djcontra
05-11-2002, 08:42 AM
Yours would look good blacked out or stock.
I like a little chrome as well, but i also like th elook of the chromed grill on my car.

Dont expect chrome slats to last more than 1 year. Mine are totalled from the winter. The salt took the chrome right off the slats, and now it looks like i have a dirty grill. I've got to redo it, or i might buy a real chromed grill from somewhere.

SickFinga
05-12-2002, 12:09 AM
personaly, I don't like chrome slats

bimmersport
05-12-2002, 12:32 AM
Originally posted by Gamite
I think all black looks wicked, specially on black cars:

Charlie's car.

http://www.maxbimmer.com/forums/attachment.php?s=&postid=19397.jpg

Thanx guys! I like the look of the blacked out grill better.

Bryan, don't you remember you were one of the guys that convinced me to change my grill from all chrome to black?

I think yours would look wicked blacked out too!*th-up*

MP328
05-12-2002, 01:15 AM
i'm more for the chrome grill. and who saw my car knows not just the grill. i got the door handles and the little trunk lip as well in chrome.

i personally think on a black car chrome looks good/alright. any other car collor it doesn't go with it.

Autotechnica
05-12-2002, 01:15 AM
Originally posted by bimmersport

Thanx guys! I like the look of the blacked out grill better.

Bryan, don't you remember you were one of the guys that convinced me to change my grill from all chrome to black?

I think yours would look wicked blacked out too!*th-up*

Haha.. charlie I think my car is looking more and more like your car. I think I'll just keep mine stock, just to be different :D

M-POSING
05-12-2002, 01:19 AM
I love the blacked out look on black cars only....gives the car a stealthy look *th-up* :cool:

JJ.
05-12-2002, 12:44 PM
heres my car w/chrome grill.
http://www.gforcecustomizing.com/blk_bmw.html

Does anyone know how to take the stripes off? because Im gonna try a blackout grill soon.

djcontra
05-12-2002, 03:04 PM
just peel them off
and get some mild solvent to remove the glue.

Furious
05-13-2002, 01:46 AM
IMO i love the chromed out slates, but on a dark car i like th blacked out look,, i voted blacked out... BTW- what ever you pick bryan let me know or PM me some pics,, since we have the same color car,,it will give me some ideas..thanks

328power
05-13-2002, 06:32 PM
I like the chrome look....Pimpin !

hehe

Razkal
05-14-2002, 10:01 AM
I think that it really depends on the colour of the car and what look you are trying to go for whether it's classy or sporty.