PDA

View Full Version : New exhaust and intake

jmalixi
02-08-2004, 03:13 PM
Just wanted to share for those who are thinking about replacing their stock airbox but not sure yet.... Two words... DO IT!!!

I installed a new exhaust a few weeks ago and although the car felt it's got more power, there was no considerable change in sound. Yesterday I replaced my stock air box with a 6" K&N cone fliter and heat shield and the car sounds and feels like an angry beast. :cool:

The best thing is it sounds just like stock at idle so no one will notice anything until it gets to 3500+ RPMs.

Here's how it looks like....

jmalixi
02-08-2004, 03:15 PM
Here's the exhaust...

E46coupe
02-08-2004, 03:24 PM
how does the exhaust sound??is it loud

jmalixi
02-08-2004, 06:41 PM
Originally posted by b1ewch79
how does the exhaust sound??is it loud

It's not loud at all but has a deeper note than stock.

Mystikal
02-08-2004, 07:37 PM
K&N's sound badass. It's one of my favourite mods in my car, no doubt.

Ron
02-09-2004, 12:52 AM
JMalixi..thanks for the heads up. Should I do it on my 330i auto?I'm really undecided whether or not I'll go thru w/ these mods coz I really don't want it to be too loud as it is an auto. But a lot of ppl have been suggesting it to me. So I might have to do it dis summer + tranny software(from Dinan) since it really is a badass mod.

sonny
02-09-2004, 02:34 AM
Will this cone filter fit if the car has xenons? Specifically, a 2001 325i??

jmalixi
02-09-2004, 04:26 AM
Originally posted by Ron
JMalixi..thanks for the heads up. Should I do it on my 330i auto?I'm really undecided whether or not I'll go thru w/ these mods coz I really don't want it to be too loud as it is an auto. But a lot of ppl have been suggesting it to me. So I might have to do it dis summer + tranny software(from Dinan) since it really is a badass mod.

My setup isn't that loud. It's "hardly" noticeable inside the cabin since the E46 is pretty well insulated. Besides, it's only at 3500 RPMs and above so you won't get in trouble with the neighbours when you get in late at night.:D

I like it a lot and I was hesitant also at first. That's why I didn't go for the expensive intake in case I decide to go back to stock.

Jos