AMG_POWER
02-06-2004, 11:53 PM
http://home.comcast.net/~raymondbarlahan/op117.wmv

NorthRyder
02-07-2004, 12:39 AM
wow very cool

Quack
02-07-2004, 12:54 AM
man good price, that's around $600-700, the one I got is better(if I get off my fat ass & finish it), the R/C I got for the car is good enough so I can set the braking% and traction control etc, etc...just got to learn how to program the damn thing

BladeRunner
02-07-2004, 02:30 AM
when i was 12 i was going to get one of those cars for my birthday, but no more were left. i stupidly said i'll go to toysrus and get a car from there because i really wanted a birthday gift on my birthday. well after getting the car i tryed up until i was 16 to get the car i wanted. damn dad refused me everytime asked. i finally said **** it ill get i my damn self then...

Quack
02-07-2004, 02:32 AM
that would be a nice b-day gift, the one I got cost over $2000, my parents would never buy a gift that pricey for me

WhadUpp
02-07-2004, 02:39 AM
Originally posted by Quack
man good price, that's around $600-700, the one I got is better(if I get off my fat ass & finish it), the R/C I got for the car is good enough so I can set the braking% and traction control etc, etc...just got to learn how to program the damn thing

What kit you got? Sounds like electric with an ESC. Programming it shoudn't be too hard, you'll get used to it.

You running HPI, Tamiya, Team Associated, Losi, Kyosho, Yokomo?

Quack
02-07-2004, 02:43 AM
it's a OFNA OB4 nitro AWD, got a .12 1.25hp engine, dual fibre disc brakes, 2speed tranny, tuned exhaust, the R/C is a Futaba 3channel 3PJ super, the manual is pretty thick, that's what scaring me

WhadUpp
02-07-2004, 02:49 AM
So you got nitro, Nice. The radio you have is one of the best out there. It is exactly the same one I had before I sold all my cars and radios. The 3PJ Super when I had took me forever to learn all its programming features. It's manual alone is 100 pages!

Man, I really miss RC so bad
:(

BTW, the 3PJ Super I had was the PCM model, is that the one you have because if it is then you have failsafe feature so your car won't run off on you. Plus PCM rules when it comes to radio signal integrity. It owns FM*th-up*

The best part of that radio is the customization of almost everything you can think of but you made a smart investment because you can program up to 16 different cars with it with all the settings it has.

Man, that radio was going for 6 bills alone when I bought mine 3 years ago.

BladeRunner
02-07-2004, 02:51 AM
the one i wanted was like $300-500 with everything, it was electric which takes away some cost

Quack
02-07-2004, 02:59 AM
hey WhadUpp, yeah it is the PCM version, I always try to buy higher end stuff, don't want to spend more later upgrading all that shit
maybe you can help me out, I'm having trouble putting everything together

WhadUpp
02-07-2004, 03:04 AM
hey WhadUpp, yeah it is the PCM version, I always try to buy higher end stuff, don't want to spend more later upgrading all that shit

Good Move*th-up* You may change cars as it will inevitabally happen to you (happens to everyone) but you will always have your radio so might as well get one of the best. As you go through different cars that radio will be with you.

Also, In Streetsville, Hobby Hobby runs races in the summer in their parking lot every other Sunday with trophies in 1:10 scale both electric and Nitro. I used to race there for outdoor.
Check it out*th-up*

WhadUpp
02-07-2004, 03:07 AM
maybe you can help me out, I'm having trouble putting everything together

Sure thing, just let me know what you need to do and I'll help you.

Quack
02-07-2004, 03:15 AM
Originally posted by WhadUpp
Sure thing, just let me know what you need to do and I'll help you.

sweet, thanks in advance *th-up*
Hobby Hobby was the place where I picked up the OFNA, they gave me a great deal, the Futaba I picked up at a chinese hobby store for $600 a few years ago

King Luis
02-07-2004, 04:11 AM
my micro is amazing for drifting.
when i make it rwd it is so easy to get the back end out
i love it

Quack
02-07-2004, 04:15 AM
nice I wanna get a micro to, my friend has a huge basement, can make a track in there so easily