PDA

View Full Version : rims

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
02-07-2004, 12:01 AM
hey guys i need to get my rims refinished but for the same amount of money i might as well gun metal it, black it out or chrome it
or i can leave it the same which i do like as well but if i am going to be spending money i think i should make a lil change first i will post my rims as they are then i will post the possible other designs
wat do u guys think

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
02-07-2004, 12:02 AM
rim 1

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
02-07-2004, 12:02 AM
rim 2

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
02-07-2004, 12:03 AM
rim 3

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
02-07-2004, 12:04 AM
take into consideration it is very hard to find a place which chrom dips for less then 250 a rim

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
02-07-2004, 12:06 AM
i personally think i liek the chrome dipped rims or the black rims the same colour as my body

MTECH3
02-07-2004, 03:16 AM
black with polished lips looks nice on black cars *th-up*

Quack
02-07-2004, 03:19 AM
agreed, black with polished lip

Ron
02-07-2004, 05:53 AM
I like rim 2 as well..that's gonna be one mean ride if u get it. Sweet!

E46
02-07-2004, 09:04 AM
are those 2 piece wheels ?

get the centers powercoated gloss black and get the Lips of the wheels polished.

heres my attempt to make a better phop.

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
02-07-2004, 03:14 PM
ya i believe they are a two piece unless they are like kinda a fake two piece with ribbits around them just for looks but i am pretty sure they are a true two piece and yes i am honestly leaning towards the black and polished lip cause it is so euro adn for 100 a rim u cant go wrong

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
02-07-2004, 03:14 PM
but those brembos u p shop on m y car on the other hand i luv them but i dunno if i will ever be able to afford them lol

bimmerchop
02-07-2004, 07:20 PM
I c you still have the PS job i did on ur car dropped *th-up*

I say black out the spokes, polish the lip, and get a big brake kit, if not, then get what I have, brembo cross drilled rotors and hawk hps pads, then paint the calipers red

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
02-08-2004, 06:27 AM
lol ya bro i still got ur chop i wish i had a digi cam to take recent pics my car is kinda different now lol that was when i first got it
i am going to power coat my calipers red but at this point i will never be able to afford brembos lol

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
02-08-2004, 05:28 PM
should i get the centers the same colour as my car

sonny
02-09-2004, 03:40 AM
Hey Tod, your rims look sick already, why change it? and...

How do you like the carbonio intake in terms of sound and performance?

E46
02-09-2004, 04:15 AM
just have them powdercoated gloss black

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
02-09-2004, 04:51 AM
actually bro i did feel a difference at the beginning but then i dunno i guess i got used to it but its out though now cause of winter but i did definately hear a difference

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
02-09-2004, 04:52 AM
gloss black??
but wont it look wierd witout the exact same colour as my car

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
02-09-2004, 04:52 AM
oo ya and sonny i dont have to change them but im refinishing them so i might change them since its the same price

E46
02-09-2004, 05:03 AM
the colour contrast wouldnt be that noticible, if you think bodycolour is the way to go then go for it

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
02-09-2004, 05:38 AM
lol naw bro ur opinion is great i need opinions its just that i dont no cause i cant see it lol and im not sure i was just curious would it just be better if it were the same or is that then too much i dunno between these rims and coilovers and going to die

R_JAY
02-09-2004, 05:46 AM
I'm not really into chrome but the pic you posted of the wheels chromed out looks really good. I'd go with that or rim 3.

WASABI
02-10-2004, 03:04 PM
Polished, then anodized black ! *th-up* My next route.

sUpeD Up BiMmEr
02-10-2004, 09:10 PM
anyways guys this is what i decided to do is get my bilsteins pss9s from teutonic then from there go to euro auto body to get the install and then get my rims taken off to either be shipped to california to get chrome dipped or to get blacked out with a polished lip like i said
thanks guys for all ur help
and wasabi those are some sexi rims how much are they and who makes them are they black chrome

WASABI
02-11-2004, 04:30 PM
www.kinesismotorsport.com

They are K29s, they call the finish polished and anodized black. They're probably in the same price range as HREs and I-Forged.

Bliss
02-11-2004, 05:12 PM
Originally posted by WASABI
www.kinesismotorsport.com

They are K29s, they call the finish polished and anodized black. They're probably in the same price range as HREs and I-Forged.

Awsome looking wheels! *th-up*

Aren't I-forged considerably cheaper than HRE's?:confused:

Miguel
02-11-2004, 05:58 PM
Originally posted by Bliss
Aren't I-forged considerably cheaper than HRE's?:confused:

I thought I-Forged went out of business?

Bliss
02-11-2004, 06:20 PM
Originally posted by Miguel
I thought I-Forged went out of business?

Never heard that they're going out of business..hmm...maybe?
For a company that sells "forged" wheels for a VERY reasonble price, you would think that they wouldn't.

KaschmirBeige3
02-11-2004, 07:42 PM
Never heard that they're going out of business..hmm...maybe?
For a company that sells "forged" wheels for a VERY reasonble price, you would think that they wouldn't.

I heard i-Forged quality isn't up to par with HRE or other wheel manufacturers. People have been having problems with the wheels peeling after being only 2 months old. I def wouldn't pay that much $$$ to see my wheels peeling after a month*thmbsdwn*

Bliss
02-11-2004, 07:48 PM
Originally posted by KaschmirBeige3
I heard i-Forged quality isn't up to par with HRE or other wheel manufacturers. People have been having problems with the wheels peeling after being only 2 months old. I def wouldn't pay that much $$$ to see my wheels peeling after a month*thmbsdwn*

Good to know. I personally would rather pay more and get the HRE's.

Miguel
02-11-2004, 08:25 PM
Good to know. I personally would rather pay more and get the HRE's.

How about SSR's or Kinesis? any info on them? I think I'd like a nice set of LIGHTWEIGHT forged wheels. How does HRE's compare weight wise are they a generally heavier rim?

WASABI
02-11-2004, 09:12 PM
Last I've seen the price difference between HREs and I-Forged were like $150-$200usd, I'd rather pay more for HREs too, besides, they got a nicer center cap. :D

Also, I've heard I-Forged have resolved the clearcoat issue, a few members here have recently bought from I-Forged, maybe they can shed some light on this.

My choices for forged wheels, if I had the loot to spend, would be HRE, Kinesis, or Fikse. *th-up*

Bliss
02-11-2004, 10:40 PM
How about SSR's or Kinesis? any info on them? I think I'd like a nice set of LIGHTWEIGHT forged wheels. How does HRE's compare weight wise are they a generally heavier rim?

Miguel, from what i've heard "Kinesis" wheels are on the heavy side. Also it really depends on the size of wheels that you're looking for obviously...Check this link out..should help you get a rough idea.

Some of HRE's multi piece wheels are also nice cuz they have hidden hardware if you don't like the screws/rivets showing.

http://www.mysportscar.com/features/wheelweight.htm

Miguel
02-11-2004, 10:54 PM
http://www.mysportscar.com/features/wheelweight.htm

The best rims in 18" applications are BBS RK's and SSR GT1's, both of which dont do much for me.

...but then I saw THIS: Hamann Magnesium Forged 19x8.5 18.0lbs.!!!!! That is incredible!!!

I wonder if this is the Hamann Magnesium rim? I cant find a picture.. Hamann lists this as the Hamann Design rim?!?
http://www.evosport.com/product/images/wheels/hamann/hamann_19z_edition_lg_250x167.jpg

Bliss
02-11-2004, 11:03 PM
The best rims in 18" applications are BBS RK's and SSR GT1's, both of which dont do much for me.

...but then I saw THIS: Hamann Magnesium Forged 19x8.5 18.0lbs.!!!!! That is incredible!!!

I wonder if this is the Hamann Magnesium rim? I cant find a picture.. Hamann lists this as the Hamann Design rim?!?
http://www.evosport.com/product/images/wheels/hamann/hamann_19z_edition_lg_250x167.jpg

No, those wheels aren't magnesium. The magnesium wheel that Hamann had is out of production. I think they were discontinued in the late 90's. Here's a pic of them.

E46
02-12-2004, 12:19 AM
Kinesis and Fikse are MONEY...

The quality of HRE is okay.. the finish peels and the lip gets messed up too.. just not as fast as iFOrged. The good thing about HRE is its excellent customer service. When the wheels need to be sent back they get onto it 110 percent. iFOrged makes decent wheels but when it comes to customer service after you purchase the wheels, they leave you hanging

or so i've heard.

ierrahh
02-15-2004, 03:19 AM
Chrome them nice car