PDA

View Full Version : e36 rattle

Powerslide
02-06-2004, 06:28 AM
My rear speaker deck and sunroof control area rattle furiously and it seems like my dash is also rattling. Are there known trouble spots in e36s, and if there are, are these them? Anyone know how to dampen them w/o taking the car apart and dynamating everything?
Thanks a lot, bass rattle is my pet peeve :mad:

thinair
02-07-2004, 02:55 PM
Originally posted by Powerslide
My rear speaker deck and sunroof control area rattle furiously and it seems like my dash is also rattling. Are there known trouble spots in e36s, and if there are, are these them? Anyone know how to dampen them w/o taking the car apart and dynamating everything?
Thanks a lot, bass rattle is my pet peeve :mad:

I get rattling on my rear dash/speaker deck also, it seems to be caused by my third brake light.

koncise
02-07-2004, 04:23 PM
Same thing here.. but I found a little fix.

Play it so loud that you cant hear anything else :)

(other than that, I dunno what u could do)

Powerslide
02-08-2004, 10:31 AM
i thought mabye if you remove the ntire rear speaker deck then put foam at the contact points it would remove the rattle. I found that if i take off the speaker grill and get my hand underneath the deck and then push up, the rattle is gone.
Problem is, dont know how to get the rear speaker deck off!
any suggestions?

HooliGaN*
02-10-2004, 03:28 AM
um i think the quarter windows might be rattling aswell

happens 2 me i believe

Julian

openwheel
02-10-2004, 10:00 PM
I had the same problem and found that the reinforcing underneath the back panel had come loose. I used some high strength adhesive and some weight and found that it has all gone away.

Powerslide
02-11-2004, 07:07 PM
openwheel, how did you get the panel off?

openwheel
02-12-2004, 01:06 AM
If you have a 4 door, I can help.

1) Grab the front of the bottom seat cushion and pull up, With some gentle force it will pop out.

2) Near the outboard seatbelt anchors will be a 10 mm screw. This is the attachment point for the seat back. There are generally under the plastic seat underpad.

3) When the screws are removed, slid your hands behind the top of the seat (near the headrests) Pull the left side first, then pull n the right side. This will be more difficult than the seat bottom, but they should be press fit as well.

4) This should now have the seats out of the car. The next step will be to remove the shelf itself.

5) In order to remove the panel you will have to undo the seat belts from the bottom of the floor.

6) At the front edge of the parcel shelf will be some pins, using an upholstery too, pull the pins out.

7) The shelf should now be loose, pulling it towards you, also lift up towards the ceilling of the car.

8) An viola.... I think this how to do it, I have not done it in a while

P.S. This is a method that worked for me, and by posting this does not guarantee that it will work. I will look to see if I can still find the link that helped me through it, But I have recently swtiched computers and I did not transfer all the links.

Good luck

///MsAniTy
02-12-2004, 01:40 AM
this audio place fxed mine and they simply put some matherial behind the rear deck and made it tighter back there and now the bass sounds amazin .