PDA

View Full Version : accident this morning...

Justin e36
02-05-2004, 05:52 PM
so was waiting a the subway station in line to get into the parking lot... there was a good half-length of car in front of me... and this girl in her souped up Integra.. (probably her boyfriends car) backs up for some reason.. but she guns it! ... smacks into my front end on an angle pretty hard... hits my car, and continues to accelerate...

anyway.. my m3 front bumper got pushed in on the passenger side.. my drivers side is pushed out a bit. Also on the passenger side the bumper itself is sagging around 1" down.

At first I looked at it and didn't notice so I told her don't worry about it.. after I parked I went for a close inspection and notices it was sagging.. then that it was pushed in.

She left already... but I got her license and vehicle's VIN.. if it costs me a pretty penny to fix, it's coming from her wallet. Left a note on her windshield too....

anyway, what do you guys think it'll cost to fix?.. is it a broken braket?...

just frustrating how stupid some people can be.

Oh yeah---and she's a new driver. Got her license a couple weeks before. Go figure.

J

DbIiRrTdY
02-05-2004, 06:18 PM
sorry to hear that justin ... that just can't be a great way to start the day. Hopefully things get sorted for you!

Cosmic 325i
02-05-2004, 06:21 PM
sorry to hear...i say she should pay for it no matter what. your hard earned dollars shouldnt go into fixing damage that someone else caused. good luck with the fix

M3ti Compact
02-05-2004, 07:35 PM
Chillax, everyone was a n00b at one point. Be happy you have the girl's vin and plates, rather than comming back to a car with the bumper pushed in where the driver had hit and left.

Justin e36
02-05-2004, 11:29 PM
well good news and bad news. When I went back to my car I saw the exhaust from a distance coming out of her muffer... her car was started!.. so I rushed up and saw her sitting in the drivers seat reading the note I wrote. Anyway, I tapped on the glass... got the rest of her information...

Name, address, license #, and phone number...

I'm on my way to the Police Station right now to file a report... before I go through insurance, I want to just have a record---in case she decides not to pay up.

The bumper is pushed in 2.5" on the passenger side... (usually the bumper sticks out a bit... on the passenger side it's now flush with the nose panel). Also sagging around 1". Brought it into the shop, repairs will be around $350 + parts. If the frame of the car is bent (which I doubt), then it'll obviously cost more.

This is still extremely frustrating for me... work is just stressing the hell out of me, then to go through this... ugh...

J

Slowered318
02-06-2004, 12:35 AM
Could be worse.. i watched a guy roll over the guard rail 5 times today..

now THATS an accident!

Justin e36
02-06-2004, 02:18 AM
yep, could be much worse---but frustrating all the same... such a hassle.

heh.. love your quote Slowered... I was mentioning that quote about stealing sattelite signal today @ work.

mkgino
02-06-2004, 02:38 AM
any pics?

BLAGUSS
02-06-2004, 03:45 AM
make her pay it!

Slowered318
02-06-2004, 05:22 AM
Originally posted by Justin e36
yep, could be much worse---but frustrating all the same... such a hassle.

Well.. the only thing you can do, is what i do!

when i'm driving my bimmer.. I stay at least 3 car lenghts away from everybody! because I just don't trust them!!! doesn't matter who's right or wrong.. what matters is having to fix your car because you didn't avoid something even if it was totally not your fault in the first place... it's better to be safe then sorry!

people do dumb things.. i'm out of there before you can say "wtf"

blackshark
02-06-2004, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by Justin e36
well good news and bad news. When I went back to my car I saw the exhaust from a distance coming out of her muffer... her car was started!.. so I rushed up and saw her sitting in the drivers seat reading the note I wrote. Anyway, I tapped on the glass... got the rest of her information...

Name, address, license #, and phone number...

I'm on my way to the Police Station right now to file a report... before I go through insurance, I want to just have a record---in case she decides not to pay up.

The bumper is pushed in 2.5" on the passenger side... (usually the bumper sticks out a bit... on the passenger side it's now flush with the nose panel). Also sagging around 1". Brought it into the shop, repairs will be around $350 + parts. If the frame of the car is bent (which I doubt), then it'll obviously cost more.

This is still extremely frustrating for me... work is just stressing the hell out of me, then to go through this... ugh...

J

try to get cash cause now insurance going up no matter whos fault it was

Boris The Blade
02-06-2004, 12:10 PM
She's at fault 100%, you shouldn't have to pay for a thing. No matter how big or small the damage is, its her fault!!! oh, try not to go through your insurance. Contact her insurance and show them the police report and not say a word to yours because your insurance will go up... its happend to me, I got rearended and i went through my insurance to have it fixed. boy what a mistake, my insurance fixed the damages then went after his insurance and got paid. now my insurance is up becuase they had to dish out money to fix my car. damn scammers. I hate Allstate Insurance

peace
John

phaust
02-06-2004, 04:26 PM
damn! sorry to hear that!

The bumper is pushed in 2.5" on the passenger side... (usually the bumper sticks out a bit... on the passenger side it's now flush with the nose panel).

well it's may just be the shock inside the bumper.. just push it out.. (remove the bumper, take use your muscle and take the rod, pull it hard. it's MAY work)

well worked for a friend of mine..

takeshi
02-10-2004, 02:34 AM
ooo sorry to hear that... hey is that you in your avatar? that guy's HUGE

maybe i'm a loser for this but heh..... maybe u can get her to pay up without going through insurance... it will kill her being a new driver and all... just seems a bit harsh... but it is 100% her fault!

///M3Boy28
02-10-2004, 02:48 AM
Dude, i'm glad you kept your kool, cause i know if it was me i would flip out cause i love my bmw to death. But, yeah make her pay for it. I'm sorry to hear about your accident.

A~G
02-10-2004, 03:04 AM
OUCH... sorry to hear that. Its probably more convinient not to go through insurance... the deductable and stuff.. I dunno. +a paper trail. I know it wasn't ur fault.

Nice to see ur not an asshole... I have an "aquantence" who charged my other "aquantance" 900 for a little minor dent in a plastique piece of his fender... (used him for a brand new paintjob)... BY THE WAY.. is that u in ur avatar.. jeeezuz. !!!

here's a pic of the damage that cost "$900" to repair.:rolleyes:

ierrahh
02-10-2004, 03:57 AM
The same thing happened to me about 7 months ago, and the estimate you got sounds pretty good because thats what it cost me (although we might be both geting ripped off). You should definitly get her to pay up