PDA

View Full Version : 79 Volvo with a modded mustang 5.0 motor video


trev0006
02-05-2004, 08:05 AM
1979 Volvo 242 GT w/ '92 5.0 efi

Drivetrain: '92 5.0 block w/ GT-40 heads, GT-40 intake, 65 mm throttle body, Pro-M 77mm mass-air, 24lb injectors, E-303 cam, NOS stage 2 w/ 100 shot, March alum. underdrive pulleys, elec. fan, alum. Corvette rad., Ford M.S. T-5 Z tans., Ford M.S. alum. driveshaft shortened for Volvo, stock Volvo limited slip rear-en w/ 3.54's

Suspension: IPD sport springs w/ IPD F&R sway bars, Bilstien shocks & struts, Urethane bushings around.

Best times @ 2200ft w/ street tires
13.13 @ 106.65 on engine
12.43 @ 114.98 w/ 75hp shot
http://extrememustang.com/videos/Baddass%20Volvo.WMV

BladeRunner
02-06-2004, 02:25 AM
good old volvo, those cars had huge bays i don't understand why they didn't slap a v8 in one two a special model production.

niko_gt
02-06-2004, 03:11 AM
i want a winter beater like that, like some ugly ass shit car, that whoops ass, and is faster then most street cars

M50E30
02-06-2004, 05:18 AM
Originally posted by niko_gt
i want a winter beater like that, like some ugly ass shit car, that whoops ass, and is faster then most street cars

I can sell you my '89 240 DL! :) But I might just have to keep it for that swap one day.

:D

ZiMMie
02-06-2004, 05:39 AM
lol the driver reminds me of Stifler from american pie..

NickP
02-06-2004, 02:23 PM
Originally posted by M50E30
I can sell you my '89 240 DL! :) But I might just have to keep it for that swap one day.

:D

Haha I have a 1989 240 DL as a winter beater as well...

The first mods are arriving soon...

M50E30
02-06-2004, 02:47 PM
Originally posted by NickP
Haha I have a 1989 240 DL as a winter beater as well...

The first mods are arriving soon...

Nick,

How much did you end up paying for yours? What colour is it? Auto or manual?

Dave

NickP
02-06-2004, 03:03 PM
I paid $2500 but its mint and has been maintained by the dealer... its 5 speed / m47. Currently working on dropping in a k cam.

Its the sand / beige colour similar to bronzite beige