PDA

View Full Version : Tire Balancing

SickFinga
05-09-2002, 10:31 PM
stupid and simple questions.
How much is it and where can I do it?

M-sport
05-09-2002, 11:04 PM
Wheel & Tire Zone, and it's free with the purchase of your BBS CHs. hehehe!

SickFinga
05-09-2002, 11:06 PM
I need to balance my stock front wheels

MPRESION
05-10-2002, 11:47 AM
Should be no more then $20 a tire. I recommend Wheel & Tire as M-Sport indicated.

djcontra
05-10-2002, 12:48 PM
Any mechanic should be able to balance your tire
for stock wheels there's no point in going anywhere special for it.
If you've got specialty rims, you want to goto a place that sells rims to do the balancing maybe, because they can use these flat weights that go on the inside of the rim so nobody can see them.

My mechanic will balance my 15" rims for $5 a wheel

SickFinga
05-11-2002, 03:39 PM
Originally posted by djcontra
Any mechanic should be able to balance your tire
for stock wheels there's no point in going anywhere special for it.
If you've got specialty rims, you want to goto a place that sells rims to do the balancing maybe, because they can use these flat weights that go on the inside of the rim so nobody can see them.

My mechanic will balance my 15" rims for $5 a wheel

stock rims go to a shitty shop?
ok
my stock rims cost $1200 +plus tax. so it's $4800 + tax for 4 17" rims(no tires).

for $4800 no tax, with tires, with balancing, with installation you can get 4 19" BBS CH rims with tires, with installation.

so what I wanna say that stock rims cost more than ACS, HAMANN, BBS, etc. rims
so take care of them.

Furious
05-12-2002, 04:07 PM
if cost is a concern then i suggest getting out the old yellow pages and start calling around to wheel and tire places,,, i got my tires balanced for like $30 ,,(althought i cant remember where, but it was in the east end). all thats neccessary is to find someone who sells tires and installs them,, and they should have a balancing machine...