PDA

View Full Version : ***Installing new tail lights***

BMW2nv
02-03-2004, 10:21 PM
i just bought a pair of m3 style tail lighst for my 96 328i and i need to know how to install them. if anyone has a link to a page or can tell me it'd help me a lot...NEED HELP ASAP!!!

THANX

R_JAY
02-04-2004, 05:31 AM
This one is easy and you can do it in under 10 minutes.
1) Open the trunk
2) Take the black protector or whatever it is off the lights. It has a knob in the center that you just twist.
3)Take out the wire harness off the back of the light assembly. I think it's just a simple pull.
4) undo the 8 nuts (4 per light) and tap the light loose.
5)Reinstall in reverse order.

I hope that helps.

Justin e36
02-04-2004, 10:13 PM
just to add to what RJay said... if you're finding the fit of the new tails difficult or it's not going in even, use some vaseline on the rubber gasket... (vaseline can get anything into anywhere) :D ... this will also form a nice water seal.

if your stock tails are difficult to get out pry GENTLY (not to damage your paint... use a cloth if necessary).. with a slim flat head screwdriver on the outside of the car, on the left or right of the car... (the part of the tail light you can see in R-Jay's sig)... just don't use a lot of pressure, it'll slip right out.

BMW2nv
02-04-2004, 10:35 PM
THANX A LOT....the problem is that when i put the new ones in...the damn bulbs owuldnt fit into the sockets...i bought them from EVOULTION-RACING so i dunno if i can get a refund or excahnge them...what do u guys think :s

Justin e36
02-05-2004, 12:28 AM
try for a refund.. I doubt it, but doesn't hurt to try anyway...

BMW2nv
02-05-2004, 11:54 PM
i FINALLY GOT THEM IN....i brought the lights there and the guy snapped them in right then and there i looked like an idiot but they are in and they look so GOOD

niko_gt
02-06-2004, 12:17 AM
Originally posted by BMW2nv
i FINALLY GOT THEM IN....i brought the lights there and the guy snapped them in right then and there i looked like an idiot but they are in and they look so GOOD
congratu ****in lations
just kidding
haha

congrats tho, lets see the pics