PDA

View Full Version : Gaurenteed to Pass Fuel Additive

MatyBMW
02-03-2004, 04:45 PM
Anyone ever used this before and emissions test? If so, anything to report about this product? Or is it a hoax?

bart320i
02-03-2004, 06:20 PM
I've used it and it didn't work for me. If your O2 sensor or cats are bad it won't work. There is a disclaimer on the bottle that sais it not fully guaranteed.

finale36
02-03-2004, 07:32 PM
i saw that in a gas station at markam and ellesmere, it's $13 and they double or triple your money back. quite frankly i wouldn't even use it to clean old paint brushes. but maybe someone out there had a beater adn gave it a whirl. i found it pretty amusing.

T-spec
02-03-2004, 07:34 PM
That stuff doesn't work worth shit, 94 octane and a new set of plugs are a 100x better buy!

BladeRunner
02-03-2004, 11:40 PM
Yeah waste of time man. i did everything they said bought a new cat still barely passed. no ain't that some shit.... i say forget that crap and fill your car up to F or whatever then on the day of emissions drive all day HWY until you get half a tank...

I think ethenol or something similar can be poured in to better emissions results, then again go to someone who doesn't care if you car passes or not...i believe thats how people who drive V8 powerd Taxi cabs, Cutlass, Comaro, Caprice etc. pass.

blackshark
02-04-2004, 06:10 AM
Originally posted by T-spec
That stuff doesn't work worth shit, 94 octane and a new set of plugs are a 100x better buy!

yep 94+plugs+rotor+rotor cap :))))
and if you fill up 94 just before test it is not going to work
u must drive a car for a week so the carbon deposits cleaned
and new spark plugs must adjust cause it will burn leaner and
ecu will send more fuel

dtthiaga
02-04-2004, 03:44 PM
To keep your car in good clean order, your money is better spent buying the following products rather than the “guaranteed emission pass” products.

Gas Line Antifreeze with water remover
Fuel Injector cleaner

Also, an oil change is highly recommended before an emission test.

BladeRunner
02-04-2004, 04:27 PM
they say fuel injecto cleaner every other tank or fill up. that seems a bit much?

dtthiaga
02-04-2004, 04:58 PM
Every other tank etc is way too much. I use fuel injector cleaner every two months or when I remember.

Actually, it's probably more like 3-4 times a year..... or a week before an emission test. :)

Jammasterj
02-04-2004, 07:04 PM
Are you sure that you need to be using injector cleaner??
your car is brand new...how fast do carbon and other deposits build up?
i thought only older cars used injector cleaner

dtthiaga
02-04-2004, 08:02 PM
Originally posted by Jammasterj
Are you sure that you need to be using injector cleaner??
your car is brand new...how fast do carbon and other deposits build up?
i thought only older cars used injector cleaner

I do use it a bit on the BMW... but more on the winter car.
Carbon can build up on any car. I try not to run the car on empty either to prevent picking up dirt from the bottom of the gas tank.

Preventative maintenance can't hurt. For me, it's not really needed. I do so much highway driving that my oil doesn't even get dirty. On my winter car, when I change the oil at 5K, it's not even dirty.

Jon@Bimmersport
02-04-2004, 09:40 PM
Originally posted by dtthiaga
Preventative maintenance can't hurt. For me, it's not really needed. I do so much highway driving that my oil doesn't even get dirty. On my winter car, when I change the oil at 5K, it's not even dirty.

me too with my E30...*th-up* gotta love BMW engines!