PDA

View Full Version : E30 Dashboard

qimis
02-02-2004, 09:37 PM
Does anyone has E30's dashboard pictures at night ?
Thanks in advance. :)

BladeRunner
02-02-2004, 10:33 PM
My mom keeps suggesting that I buy a dashboard cover for my e30 because of well you all know... I thought about it but that seems trashy anyway in my mind it would take away from the beauty of the e30 to have a cut up plastic glued on cover on the dash. I'd rather have my cracks showing...

So how hard is it to take the e30 dashboard from another e30 the around the same year, make, and model as mine?

Also, is this considered a good or bad idea.

Sorry qimis don't mean to intrud on you territory but didn't feel it was nessacry to start a new thread about e30 dashboards.

Skunk#1
02-03-2004, 01:54 AM
i thought that all the e30 dashes were the same? i dont know but i was going to replace mine with an 86 model for my 87, because the junk yard in town has one and they said i could have it for $25. i is in perfect shape.

snd84318i
02-03-2004, 02:43 AM
i would buy it mine has a little crack on it but its always im my sight . im going to the upullit junk yard when it gets warmer and getting a newer one .

tuNED318
02-03-2004, 03:21 AM
there you go:)
sorry for the missing light and poor picture quality

91_RedPassat16V
02-03-2004, 04:41 AM
Give it a little 'toctoc' next time! :P

When did u take this picture tuNed?

Eurostyle
02-03-2004, 05:37 AM
i got one for sale...$75...and i will take it out...

tuNED318
02-03-2004, 10:51 PM
Originally posted by 91_RedPassat16V
Give it a little 'toctoc' next time! :P

When did u take this picture tuNed?

Screw you!:moon: I dont have to do that anymore, it lights up like new. :) plus it was to show the damn mechanic how bad he did his job :mad:

I took the pic a week before I repair it(the car, that is).

ps: Anyway, what are you doing here? You're not driving youre car?or maybe you still don't have it?:D :P

Tell me when you have it back, we'll go make some drift videos with Dan. (before I get my front bumper:cool: ). Cya

BladeRunner
02-04-2004, 12:44 AM
one pro though what do i do about the VIN?

91_RedPassat16V
02-04-2004, 04:32 PM
Maybe today, if not, for sure it will be tomorow! :mad:

I can't wait anymore! *mumble*

Nice avatar you've got Ned! *th-up*

WoLF
02-05-2004, 03:49 AM
Originally posted by BladeRunner

So how hard is it to take the e30 dashboard from another e30 the around the same year, make, and model as mine?

HARD AS HELL

I'm not speaking from experience though. I have a brand new dash still sitting in the garage...

http://www.strictlyeta.net/technical/dashboard.html
http://www.strictlyeta.net/technical/dashboard/dash06.jpg

qimis
02-05-2004, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by tuNED318

hehe thanks man *th-up*

BladeRunner
02-06-2004, 02:50 AM
damn that's messed up. well if i go throug with it i'll get a chance to check out somethings i've been putting off. thanks for the link wolf. oh yeah your dash, did you have the same idea as i?

WoLF
02-06-2004, 04:04 AM
Yep I sure did.. A long time ago...

I really don't see a point in putting a new dash in my car.. Even though it has quite a few cracks. The new one will end up cracking since I park my car outside.
I may do it in the summer

BladeRunner
02-07-2004, 02:32 AM
you got a point my car is outside much too, but i try to keep the plastic, vinyle and everything else moist to prevent the cracking or alteast the dry look. New or old BMWs really shouldn't be kept outside its just not right, but my parent run the house so that is that.

BladeRunner
03-04-2004, 01:19 AM
Well I started by just removing my cluster to replace bulbs and maybe batteries while its out. Then I noticed that my carpet was wet. I wasn't planning on removing my removing the dash but now i will. I've noticed that I need some new sealant here and there.

Oh yeah anyone know anything about a tube running down behind the front speakers? What is this tube used for?

John Hubbert
03-04-2004, 01:37 AM
It's easy just takes about 20 hrs or so !

BladeRunner
03-05-2004, 02:04 AM
No one wants to answer my question :(

John is/was that your car?

John Hubbert
03-05-2004, 02:52 AM
BladeRunner ! I think the tube you are refering too is the drain for AC . And yes that is my car , I did a complete ground up rebuild on it just over a year ago !

BMW BMXer
03-05-2004, 03:29 AM
WTF!!! ur cars sideways in your garage!?

BladeRunner
03-05-2004, 04:11 AM
you must have a lot of time or resources man... I've been without my car for about four weeks now and I'm going completely nuts here. Depending on others ab-so-lute-ly SUCKS, especially when they're the one with the car... I'm being done wrong here if this were my sister's car it would have been fixed two weeks ago, but me doing it myself it much more enjoyable I must admit. Dad walking around like TOP DOG here talking shit saying you don't know what your doing, what are you about to break now, that car will never run right again, etc. If your not going help me nor my mom pay insurance nor fix anything on the car SHUT YOUR ****IN MOUTH...

Well thanks...weird location for a AC hose not really understanding why there would be a need for one on the drivers side an one on passenger side, furthermore it being located behind the front speakers - like unscrew them and pull them out and look :confused:.

BladeRunner
03-06-2004, 12:27 AM
Well that picture you all see on page one of thread is just how mine looks as of now. I figured out why much of the air from my blower was not comming out the vents I need new sealant around where the ducts connect and stuff. This will be a good time to check out my blower and the heater system. I almost have it out but i have no 23mm socket except for the one on the lug nut remover I have to remove the steering wheel with. The most difficult part of this process is not scratching things other then that it's like an ester egg hunt looking for all the bolts and screws hiding out of eye view and behind criss-crossing wires.

As I said before I started by removing my console which was a great start because to remove the climate control panel you must have access to the rear of some the switches where the connectors are so tight and the wires are streached to length and can't be pulled out of the dash further. It also made labeling the wires and connectors easier. It's funny seeing people drive by the house and they see me and a dash full of wires showing they all go :eek:.

BladeRunner
03-06-2004, 12:43 AM
oh yeah and whom ever that broke into my car and took the boot, shifter knob and factory radio also took a few wires and left my air recirculation flap motor wire just dangling.

SebSter
03-06-2004, 01:16 AM
Originally posted by tuNED318

why is it that you have half a tank but your warning light is on? :confused:

snd84318i
03-06-2004, 01:22 AM
Originally posted by SebSter
why is it that you have half a tank but your warning light is on? :confused:
i dont think his car is on other lights are on also

snd84318i
03-06-2004, 04:23 AM
this is cool i would love to see more pics . how long to get to this stage . is that all new wiring kits or the same one from factory ?
did you take the tub to somewhere to be done or you inhoused it . wheres the fram ( is there ?) cool job keep us (me) updated thanks.
:BladeRunner:(you must have a lot of time or resources man)
i think that if you have a second car that this can be done also what do you want to do with it . it would take awhile yes but well worth it . i would love to start on mine this way just dont have the space to do this yet .

:John Hubbert: what motor do you plan on using .
i would like to rebuild my m10 and maybe turbo it later . or i also been looking into the older m10 with weber carbs .

John Hubbert
03-06-2004, 11:09 PM
My car has been finished for about a year now , it has a 88 2.5 is motor in it at the moment , blew up the completely rebuilt 87 is motor last fall, to much Zex ... I will post more pics of the complete rebuild soon .

Mystikal
03-06-2004, 11:15 PM
Originally posted by John Hubbert
My car has been finished for about a year now , it has a 88 2.5 is motor in it at the moment , blew up the completely rebuilt 87 is motor last fall, to much Zex ... I will post more pics of the complete rebuild soon .

Yeah, that was the one you had in for Bimmercuize, right? BTW, thanks for helping me remove my ski bag assembly, the bass notes in my system improved SO MUCH. Hope to see you around this summer.

John Hubbert
03-06-2004, 11:21 PM
No problem Dude , keep it thumpin ! hope to be cruzzin by May ..

WoLF
03-07-2004, 02:19 AM
Originally posted by BladeRunner
you got a point my car is outside much too, but i try to keep the plastic, vinyle and everything else moist to prevent the cracking or alteast the dry look. New or old BMWs really shouldn't be kept outside its just not right, but my parent run the house so that is that.

same here.. parents are evil. 2 car garage.. But theres a ton of shit in one of the garages.

BladeRunner
03-08-2004, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by snd84318i
:BladeRunner:(you must have a lot of time or resources man)
i think that if you have a second car that this can be done also what do you want to do with it . it would take awhile yes but well worth it . i would love to start on mine this way just dont have the space to do this yet .

I should have explained this better, the wires were stolen before I removed the dash and stuff and I'm doing all the work in my driveway in the hot sun and getting a good tan too. yup a second car would be nice but I'm only 19 so don't have the finances to pay for a second too. If I did I would've built a garage for my car by now, already have it planned out... I simply want to replace some sealant here and there inaddition to check my wiring and find out where two leaks are comming from that it.

Yup parents are a bit evil but I guess its all tough love and stuff.

snd84318i
03-09-2004, 11:18 AM
i understand i want to work on my cars to . but no room here in nyc . DMV pays crap. but im looking to move to PA .there the rents cheaper and hopfully i can get my tranny for my maxima done . then ill have my second car . people ask me why did i buy this car knowing it needs work just going to cost you more money later on . If you have a car thats running perfect and needs no work What the hell is the piont then of having it . i like to work on my cars they need help but its ok plus old cars imo are farbetter and stronger . anyway goodluck with the leaks .

BladeRunner
03-09-2004, 07:34 PM
thanks. I love old car too. If I could afford the one of the older Mustangs or Comaro talking about the '60s-70s I'd be wheeling one right now. But those damn things are exspensive and in some cases difficult to find parts for. I think the older metal is strong too, but the new designs are meant to help the car makers make more money also frames and stuffs absorb much of the impact instead of the cabin.

One of my school peps. was telling me about here Honda Quest and how it was side swiped by a Caprice or Cutlass totaled here minvan the guys car just had a little dent. She likes older metal too, but must have a minivan for the kids.

Good luck with your car too.