PDA

View Full Version : E36: Rear Seat Headrests

pwrsurge
02-02-2004, 07:44 PM
Hi folks,

I have a '97 E36 sedan and I'd like to get some headrests for my rear seat. Is this possible and if so.. how would I go about getting some?

Many thanks!
Serge

HooliGaN*
02-02-2004, 08:29 PM
hey serge

there ya go bud

http://www.bramblefarm.freeserve.co.uk/techtips.html#headrests

Julian

pwrsurge
02-02-2004, 10:24 PM
Awesome - thanks Julian.. this is great info!!!

Anyone know where I could start calling for head rests now? I wonder if the BMW dealership could order them for me..

Thanks again!
Serge

djcontra
02-03-2004, 12:56 AM
thanks as well! I've been planning on doin this for a while but never thought of retrofitting the actual parts. ( i was going to make my own bracket heh)

R_JAY
02-03-2004, 04:44 PM
Hmmm..this looks like something I should do aswell.

Autotechnica
02-04-2004, 04:27 PM
I just replaced my front seats with Corbeau Forza's, so I've got a set of front seat headrests that I was also considering retrofitting into the rear. The metal they use on the original brackets are unbeleiveably strong. I was hoping I could bend them into shape to fit :)

Anyways, the rear posts for the headrests are narrower than the ones in the front. Figures, BMW wants you to buy their rear headrests.

If anyone figures something out please let me know!

Thanks,

Bryan

pwrsurge
02-04-2004, 10:03 PM
OK folks.. just called the Stealer and they want $230 per rear seat headrests for leatherette!!! Looks like used is the only way to go unless you want to spend $500+ for rear seat headrests.

Justin e36
02-04-2004, 10:08 PM
yeah I know a couple people that have done the conversion. Do people really notice this though? ... My E36 came with the winter package, so it has the rear seat headrests. I dunno... I just find it more difficult to get to the rear window to clean... :/

In either case, your best bet is to go to the scrappers...

how much would any of you guys pay for my rear head rests with a trade for the rear deck panel?... :) ... (doesn't hurt to find out prices...) precious money that could go into my system.

pwrsurge
02-04-2004, 10:20 PM
Justin e36: Check your PM! *th-up*