PDA

View Full Version : Anyone lost their interior console lights before?

Razkal
05-09-2002, 08:01 AM
Hi all,

It seems that some of the lights on my console have disappeared after installing a deck last night or maybe they just went? The AC, defrost and other circular buttons are lit still but the knobs for the temp control and the air control are gone now for some reason.

What should I check first? Could it be a fuse?

Gamite
05-09-2002, 08:17 AM
Its probably just the bulb. In my car its just one big bulb.

Razkal
05-09-2002, 08:23 AM
thanks Gamite!

Thanks for the start Gamite. I will check that out when I get home.

Gamite
05-09-2002, 09:47 AM
you might as well check your fuses too, its probably the easiest thing to do.

KIRASIR
05-09-2002, 10:00 AM
It looks like you didn't connect the interior lighting wire to the deck. Pull the deck out, and look at all the wires that you didn't connect. Find one that has (+) when you turn on the interior lights. Your deck should have an appropriate lighting input where this wire has to be connected. If this wire is left unconnected, some of your interior lights won't come on since they are all part of the same circuit.

SL

Originally posted by Razkal 320i
Hi all,

It seems that some of the lights on my console have disappeared after installing a deck last night or maybe they just went? The AC, defrost and other circular buttons are lit still but the knobs for the temp control and the air control are gone now for some reason.

What should I check first? Could it be a fuse?

Razkal
05-09-2002, 11:11 AM
Actually, the deck was already in there from before and all was well. What I should have said is that I took the deck out to attach RCA's to it and then put the deck back in, but now some of the lights are not working.

Is it possible a connection came loose or something?

KIRASIR
05-09-2002, 12:27 PM
That's probably what happened.

SL

Originally posted by Razkal 320i
Actually, the deck was already in there from before and all was well. What I should have said is that I took the deck out to attach RCA's to it and then put the deck back in, but now some of the lights are not working.

Is it possible a connection came loose or something?

Razkal
05-09-2002, 10:06 PM
Good news for me,

I opened the dash today and realized that it was only the bulb that was gone. WEnt to Crappy Tire, got a new one and all is well.

Thanks for all your help guys!

KIRASIR
05-09-2002, 10:42 PM
glad it worked out.

SL

Gamite
05-10-2002, 01:38 AM
Yeah, when our cars get around 10 years old, bulbs start to go. Some can be a pain to change. :mad: