PDA

View Full Version : dtmpower VS. maxbimmer

Rotundus
02-01-2004, 02:32 AM
Hey kids,

Just joined the "maxbimmer.com" family. Hella better than "dtmpower.net " no offense. Less cluter etc... Are the major of maxbimmers canadain?

Lennon
02-01-2004, 02:39 AM
You mean that there are others here that aren't Canadian???

In the words of Keannu Reeves....... ".............Whoa."

SpoolinS6
02-01-2004, 03:26 AM
maxbimmer is way better
dtmpower all that money they get goes directly into their wallet ! im guessing !

m three
02-01-2004, 03:42 AM
or into dado's e36

BladeRunner
02-01-2004, 03:51 AM
Yup from the looks of most of the profiles here most members are canadian. Followed by many from Eur-Asia then U.S. and lastly Autralia or South Africa. Might be wrong...

///Milk
02-01-2004, 05:40 AM
Majority of members are Canadian
People from all over (non-Canadians) are on maX (well, some of them don't post that much)
Anyways, welcome to maX *wave*

WhadUpp
02-01-2004, 06:10 AM
Welcome to Max*wave*

Jase
02-01-2004, 07:31 AM
welcome. I would say the majority of the guys are canadian. At least the guys that post are. I think dtm is O.K but all and all I never liked the ffedback I got from other members.:huh?:

SUPERCHARGED
02-01-2004, 07:39 AM
welcome, we'r mostly canadian. and mostly from ontario.

Quack
02-01-2004, 07:49 AM
Hey Rotundus, you finally joined, welcome to the community

Eurostyle
02-01-2004, 07:54 AM
Originally posted by SUPERCHARGED
welcome, we'r mostly canadian. and mostly from ontario.

And a lot of us are from here in Mississauga, including owner, woderators, sponsors etc! *th-up*

P.S Much better then then DTM...imo

Phazer
02-01-2004, 08:44 AM
I used to go to DTMPower.net, but you get too many snotty responses and attitude. DTMPower feels like just another BMW site, Maxbimmer feels like a community.

From South Africa (Pretoria, close to Johannesburg)

Eurostyle
02-01-2004, 08:53 AM
Originally posted by Phazer
I used to go to DTMPower.net, but you get too many snotty responses and attitude. DTMPower feels like just another BMW site, Maxbimmer feels like a community.

From South Africa (Pretoria, close to Johannesburg)

This is the kind of response that makes me proud to be a Max sponsor/member*th-up* *th-up* *th-up*

SUPERCHARGED
02-01-2004, 08:53 AM
i don't know what my life would be like. without MAX.

i am addicted to this site *love*. my homepage is set on max.

THANK YOU MAXBIMMER

EMPOWERD
02-01-2004, 05:58 PM
Welcome to maX.. it's a little slower here than DTM, but not all of us live infront of a computer screen with no lives.

The money contributions on DTM do not go towards Dado's car.... they pay for his extreme web hosting costs (barely). Dado is/was doing fine financially, even before the infamous DTMwebsite ever came about. Don't be surprised if maX starts asking for contributions eventually to offset the rising hosting fees.

Lennon
02-01-2004, 06:04 PM
I was waiting for that to happen, and you've got my contribution for sure. I would be glad to help out.

Mystikal
02-01-2004, 07:21 PM
What keeps maX in such a close community feeling is the fact that 50+% of the posters live in the greater Toronto area, and we all know each other in person. This results in a lot less online tough-guys, because you can't keep hiding behind that little screen.

I've contributed money to other sites in the past, I'd be willing to do it again. Something like maybe 5mb webspace as bonus would be neat.

jeremy
02-01-2004, 07:26 PM
welcome aboard *th-up*

MAXBIMMER RULES !

Justin e36
02-01-2004, 07:56 PM
Welcome aboard Rotundus. Yeah mainly Canadians here... quite a few from BC as well.

When it comes to forums it all comes down to where you feel comfortable. There are lots of good BMW forums out there. Personally I prefer MaxBimmer for all my modding and opinion needs... I go to roadfly.org for all my mechanical questions and problems. Most on Roadfly are from Europe and really know their s*** with any mechanical problem you may have... and don't hesitate to provide step by step instructions for any problem you may have. MaxBimmer is lacking that same level of BMW expertise... but as you mentioned--it's a community.

Empowered: Hey it doesn't hurt to leave an option open for donations now via paypal for anyone who wants to help out... I mean, if you can get even as little as $50/month combined to help out a bit, that's better than nothing and will definately help out.

J

biotek
02-01-2004, 10:12 PM
Canada Rules!!!*smoke*

Welcome *wiggle*

-jay

sadda///M
02-03-2004, 04:58 PM
The moment Max starts charging membership fees is the start of it's demise. Why? Well I think the member database is large but there are only few regular posters. And as someone pointed out, the technical content is not good. Aint gonna work at least for a little while. But it's do-able in due time.

SpudBoy
02-03-2004, 10:37 PM
welcome and enjoy

prophet
02-03-2004, 10:46 PM
*yawn* long time no post hi guys.

qwk325
02-03-2004, 11:23 PM
Welcome aboard !!!! enjoy your stay and as you can see from other posts we are like a community.*th-up* *wave*

Autotechnica
02-04-2004, 06:01 PM
Originally posted by sadda///M
The moment Max starts charging membership fees is the start of it's demise. Why? Well I think the member database is large but there are only few regular posters. And as someone pointed out, the technical content is not good. Aint gonna work at least for a little while. But it's do-able in due time.

I totally agree. If people actually provided useful technical information, I would definitely contribute money to this site.

Bry

betmen
02-05-2004, 01:02 AM
welcome to max, enojy the fun

BimmerBalla14
02-05-2004, 02:09 AM
welcome to max. yeah, most are canadian, im from the west coast in the us. and this would be the first pick for a forum id contribute to

Skunk#1
02-05-2004, 06:51 PM
i'm from texas and there are a few others but this is the site that gets my votes. welcome to max! and if they were to charge a fee i'd have no problems paying. this is the best site for info, because if you want to do anything someone else has done it or doing it or can help out, without the hassle of thinking someone is better than you or has more money.

"if you do it like we do it.....its max like every day, its the maxxed out era funked out with the maxxed out twist" my warren g max theme.