PDA

View Full Version : N2O on 318is

Phazer
01-31-2004, 11:04 AM
Thinking of doing a 50 dry shot using NOS, I have heard bad things about NX, Vex etc. Been reading alot about N2O setup's seems, most people agree if it is done properly it is quite safe, and sometimes even safer than a SC or Turbo, cause you don't boost all the time. Anyone on this forum using a N20 system? What's your experiences with it? Any suggestions?

djcontra
01-31-2004, 02:58 PM
I'd say if you're going to install it, make it a wet system. With a 50 shot you should be just fine, but anything over a 70 shot you have to be pretty careful. I would stay away from Zex, even though they make very good kits for most cars, I've heard horrible stories about them on e36's. Just play safe, and your engine should be fine. You might want to change the spark plugs though for ones made for nitrous (I'm no expert but I think they run colder)

Phazer
02-01-2004, 07:35 AM
Originally posted by djcontra
I'd say if you're going to install it, make it a wet system. With a 50 shot you should be just fine, but anything over a 70 shot you have to be pretty careful. I would stay away from Zex, even though they make very good kits for most cars, I've heard horrible stories about them on e36's. Just play safe, and your engine should be fine. You might want to change the spark plugs though for ones made for nitrous (I'm no expert but I think they run colder)

I am not planning on using the kit often, and the price differance between wet and dry kits is quite big, money saved can go to other mods. With just a 50 shot will there really be a differance between a wet and dry system? I know the wet system distributes more evenly....